Looking to buy a CSVT a few ???'s

Grey03

Established Member
Hey guys looking to get a used 00 I was wondering if there is anything in particular I need to look for, problems areas etc.

thanks.

Jon

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
00 are probably the 'best' ones out there. A tad bit CR, so they tend to be a bit quicke, and they have the 'updated' trannys. The WP shouldn't be an issue on the car as the older ones had plastic impellers. Just the basics. The weakest link is probably the diff. www.contour.org has tons of info. Our CSVT participating though picking, doesn't have the wealth of knowledge they have.

chknhwk

'Best'? Nah, I say go for the '98s... :D :p

But yes, these are some good ideas to do once you get it. And look for an early '98 front brake set up. Best stock brakes of all the Contours.

Good luck! We want pics if you get it.

The BigSHO

Established Member
Get the 2000...

Definitely the best of the CSVTs. I'd save my money on performance mods. Like the SHO, CSVT don't respond well. You can spend a ton and have a mid to high 14 second car instead of a low 15 second stocker...

92 SHO
98.5 CSVT
00 CSVT
00 CSVT
00 Cougar
87 Grand National - responds well to mods
:)

Grey03

Established Member
The 03 is going to get the mods, I just wanted to get a nice daily driver that is still fun to drive.

Thanks

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If thats what your looking for, then the CSVT is probably the best one out there. Especially for how 'cheap' they are going for. If you look at some of the reviews on it, its been compared to the BMW 3 series at about 10k less (performance wise). And it has 'decent' pickup. I wouldn't dare compare to the Terminator though! Let us know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread