Looking to buy, but input needed...Roush VS GT500 VS Cobra VS 5.0 w/Ford Racing SC...

sflrainmaker01

Established Member
I am looking to buy a supercharged car. Preferably a convertible. I been considering a GT500, but the pricing seems pretty steady in the upper 30's and low 40's for a 2012. Without putting a ton down, that makes for a pretty steep payment BUT, this would be my first choice. However, I also am considering (as a stepping stone) a 03-04 Cobra. That would seem to be a less expensive way to my supercharged vert. However, I forgot about the Roush cars. How do those 427R's stack up to the GT500 or Terminators?
Last, a friend recommended getting a 12 or newer 5.0 and putting a Ford Racing SC on it. So, that could be a consideration too. I'm not sure how that setup would compare either to a GT500.

I plan on using this car on nice days to work and a car shows when I can. It'll probably never see the track, but if it did it would be at the local eighth mile track once a year...maybe. So, probably 5k miles a year or less.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

15PSI

Established Member
Once the 2015s and 2016s came out, the price on 2011-2014s have dropped considerably. Why not pick up a used 2011-2014 and install a nice VMP Gen II 2.3 S/C on it? I have a stock bottom end 2012 with LTs and a VMP Gen II Stage 3 S/C with ID1000s. The car puts down mid 600s at the wheels with 93 octane. It is a blast. The car drives like stock, gets mpg in the 20s, deals with the heat very well -and- you will only notice the huge HP increase when it comes on boost.

Users who are viewing this thread