Looking to Buy

NJCobra96

Established Member
Hello All,

New to the Lightning Forum….been on the SN95 Cobra Forum for about 3 years. Going to look at a 2000 Lightning this week.....69K miles, all stock, and basically 1 owner (2nd owner had it for 2 years and 5K miles). I had a 2003 about 10 years ago and loved it....any thoughts on the 2000 model (known issues and what to look for when I go) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Hello All,

New to the Lightning Forum….been on the SN95 Cobra Forum for about 3 years. Going to look at a 2000 Lightning this week.....69K miles, all stock, and basically 1 owner (2nd owner had it for 2 years and 5K miles). I had a 2003 about 10 years ago and loved it....any thoughts on the 2000 model (known issues and what to look for when I go) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2000's had the 4-thread heads and a smaller intercooler.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Anything to be concerned about? Is the 4 thread heads an issue like with the 03's?

03-04 had the updated 9-thread heads. The 4-thread ones are far more susceptible to plug ejection.

The smaller intercoolers are known to fail and leak out all the coolant. Many of them were replaced under warranty though. I'd run an Oasis report on it.

NJCobra96

Established Member
03-04 had the updated 9-thread heads. The 4-thread ones are far more susceptible to plug ejection.

The smaller intercoolers are known to fail and leak out all the coolant. Many of them were replaced under warranty though. I'd run an Oasis report on it.

Thanks....What is an oasis report....this is new to me....

Users who are viewing this thread