looking to get a rear seat delete

mers1083

Established Member
I am looking to get a rear seat delete. Who makes a nice rear seat delete???
Thanks

Almo

Established Member
Fearless... I like the crystalworks one, looks good for someone that wanted a system in their car.

mers1083 - I recently picked up another one from www.rearseatdelete.com
I picked up one of the padded vinyl ones (premium edition). I have owned quite a few in the past and this one by far takes the cake.

The kit shows the two install screws and caps but you do not need them. By not using them, this kit looks very clean, sharp, and fit is perfect. I ended up using three little strips of velcro on the back upper portion and it holds it in place great. The black vinyl delete kit also matches up perfect with black leather seats.

seat1.JPG

seat.JPG

YGETV8

Established Member
Subject change (sorry!): Almo, what brand of seats are those? Looks nice!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
slowoh3cobra said:
WashandWaxpics1-27-07013.gif

crystal works as well

I have sent that place multiple emails and never got a reply. Always made me wonder...........

How is the quality and do they ship it out fast?

slowoh3cobra

Banned
he never answered email very promptly, and it took over 2 months to get to me, he sent mine somewhere else bla bla bla, but i did get it!! the fit is not 100% perfect but it looks great!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I cant even get them to answer an email so if I am waiting two months for my part I dont want to have no answer from them.

I guess I will just go another route.

Thanks for the input.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I never understood this much. I mean, the weight savings isn't massive, and it's weight removed from the wrong place in the car, isn't it?

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Lethalchem said:
I never understood this much. I mean, the weight savings isn't massive, and it's weight removed from the wrong place in the car, isn't it?
All true, but afterall, weight is weight. No matter where you take it from, losing weight makes the car faster. Evan Smith wrote a good article about reducing ET. No actual engine mods were done, just removing weight from the car, then testing it for ET. The car ended up faster without ever touching the engine. Old timer's rule of thumb is 100# = 0.1 sec in the 1/4 mile.

Removing weight will also make it corner better, although removing weight from the front is better for handling. Still, it's easier to turn less weight in general.

However, removing the rear seats to save weight, then putting 50# worth of sub woofers back there (like in some of the eBay pictures) seems to be counter productive to me. Funny story, a few years ago, there was a Mustang car show at Chateau Elan northeast of Atlanta. The Dugan boys were there with their heavily modified Fox Bodies. One of the Dugans was talking about his car when someone asked about his drilled pedals. "To save weight" was his reply. The smart ass in me just had to ask him if the 60 or 70 pounds of stereo amps and sub woofers in his trunk were for weight savings too.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
SnakeBit said:
All true, but afterall, weight is weight. No matter where you take it from, losing weight makes the car faster. Evan Smith wrote a good article about reducing ET. No actual engine mods were done, just removing weight from the car, then testing it for ET. The car ended up faster without ever touching the engine. Old timer's rule of thumb is 100# = 0.1 sec in the 1/4 mile.

Removing weight will also make it corner better, although removing weight from the front is better for handling. Still, it's easier to turn less weight in general.

However, removing the rear seats to save weight, then putting 50# worth of sub woofers back there (like in some of the eBay pictures) seems to be counter productive to me. Funny story, a few years ago, there was a Mustang car show at Chateau Elan northeast of Atlanta. The Dugan boys were there with their heavily modified Fox Bodies. One of the Dugans was talking about his car when someone asked about his drilled pedals. "To save weight" was his reply. The smart ass in me just had to ask him if the 60 or 70 pounds of stereo amps and sub woofers in his trunk were for weight savings too.

to each his own I guess... I have a 10w7 and 500/1 watt amp... but I am definatly into weight reduction on my cobra... I mean yea the system weights a lot but I have a solid rear axle and spare and jack removed so I definatly weight less than a lot of other guys with 03/04 cobras even with my system... I know people with rear seat delete, no spare/jack but they have 18 inch wheels instead of 17s now would you make a smartass remark to them?

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Lethalchem said:

yea the weight saving isnt massive but to get weight out of these cars, or most cars for that matter, you have to take off a little weight in a lot of places....

for instance with my spare/jack out and solid axle I would imagine I weight at least 175 pounds less than a stock 03,add a rear seat delete (bout 45 pounds if you remove the seatbelts and all) some racing seats, and a k member and you would have taken a easy 250 pounds off the car!

Last edited:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I made my own for my cobra. It had hinges so that the bottom would lift up also and I could store stuff below it.[/

0097resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread