Looking to maybe get a 2002 SVTF

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
Hi guys I am looking to be getting a 02 for a DD. I found me a 2002 with 100K on it. It appears to be in great condition. He wants 3900 for it. I called him and asked him about the car and he said everything runs great. I then asked him about if he changed out the timing belt and he said no. Maybe the previous owner did he said. I know these particular cars have the interference motor so if I do buy this car it will be the first thing I do is to have it checked out and possibly changed out. I talked him down to 3200 too. Is this. A good deal?

Steve@Tasca

Drive it and find out, it's got 2004 wheels and what's up with the rear bumper stripes? Clutch pedal pad is also incorrect which likely means it had a clutch master that leaked for a long time.

-Steve

Joes 2003 SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the reply back Steve. I decided against this car. It had 132K on it and when I asked the guy if he changed the timing belt lately he said no. I would have to make a 150 mile trip from his place to my house and I was kinda scared of maybe the belt breaking on the trip home. That would have been my luck. I decided on a 2001 Escape for my DD with way less miles.

Users who are viewing this thread