Looking to modify the stripes

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Or maybe a better word would be "add to" them...

I really like the way some people add the thin 1/4 inch stripe to the outside of each OEM stripe (same color obviously).... Just do not have a clue where I can find someone to custom cut two vinyl stripes that will be the color match the originals!

Ideas? :shrug:

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I know this is going to sound crazy but I had a 03 Roush with painted blue stripes on the car. I to like the 3/8 to 1/4 in stripe on the outside of the larger stripe. Found the color I was looking for there at PepBoys. It matched perfect.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
I know this is going to sound crazy but I had a 03 Roush with painted blue stripes on the car. I to like the 3/8 to 1/4 in stripe on the outside of the larger stripe. Found the color I was looking for there at PepBoys. It matched perfect.

Crazy is right... something about a mod that can't be undone just scares me.

Colleton

Established Member
Any local vinyl shop should be able to do the extra stripes for you.

If you plan on keeping the car for a while, why not remove the vinyl stripes and have them painted on? It costs a bit, but looks so much nicer.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Any local vinyl shop should be able to do the extra stripes for you.

If you plan on keeping the car for a while, why not remove the vinyl stripes and have them painted on? It costs a bit, but looks so much nicer.

Painting is expensive... You're right they look great but IMO the benefit does not outweigh the cost even by a long shot. I will try getting into contact with a local vinyl shop. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread