Looking to move to New Hampshire. Have Engineering & Project Management experience

UncleDan

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I've been considering a move to the NH area for quite some time now. I'm from Mass, and I'm starting to hate it here more and more every day. For those familiar with the Boston area, I don't even need to explain why I feel this way.

I was wondering if anyone on here from the New Hampshire area knew of any potential employment opportunities in their areas or companies. I have a B.S. degree in Engineering from Mass Maritime Academy. I'm 26, and have 4 years of work experience in the relaited field. I'm not affraid of physical labor. In fact, that's what I'm used to, and I would actually prefer it to pushing a pencil more often than not.

Currently I work full time as a Project Manager for a very large mechanical/HVAC service contractor in the greater Boston area. It's not so much that I dislike the job, but rather the location, and the people I deal with around here. I'm not a "Masshole" by any means, and I can't stand people who pride themselves on being complete jerks, which seems to be the norm around here.

I want to live in a more relaxed, friendly area. You know, where people actually get along and help eachother out. Not to mention the cost of living, the taxes, the outragous laws we have, and just about anything else this state's government can press on it's residents to make you miserable.

Every time I go to New Hamshire, I feel like I'm on vacation. I think I would be a lot happier there, even if it meant taking a pay cut.

If anyone has an opportunity, please send me a PM and I can shoot you my resume.

Thanks a bunch!
-Dan

Last edited:

FuturaGuy

Established Member
I grew up in New Hampshire, got my degree in Mechanical Engineering, and moved to Connecticut because I couldn't get work in my field in NH. Most of the engineering jobs there are in civil or electronics engineers. Send me a PM with your resume. My employer is looking to hire engineers.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
WOW... I'm not a Mass native, moved here from Jersey years ago. I live in Western Mass and maybe you should look out here. People are nice, laid back & generally friendly... even to a die-hard Jets/Yankees fan LOL. My daughter lives in Boston in Back Bay... she's been there for 10 years, works for Fidelity... absolutely loves it. Maybe you just need to look around for a new job although moving out of the mainstream does have its benefits. Best of Luck.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread