Looking to purchase the Mcleod clutch. What else would I need?

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
After reading some threads I'm pretty set on getting the Mcleod clutch. I was just wondering what else I would need. I want to do a FULL clutch upgrade from OEM. I'm running a 2.93 pulley for right now, but I am upgrading to a twin screw eventually. I want to get all the necessary upgrades so my car can handle that big power when the time comes. Thanks!

prttyboyfloyd

Established Member
26 spline mcleod RXT, lightend steel flywheel or have the stocker sent out to mcleod, ford racing throw out bearing, lethal performance throw out bearing retianer sleeve, d&d 26 spline input shaft, liberty shim kit for shaft, quadrant and adjuster, new stock cable. Pretty sure thats everything i got, im mid install now.

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
nice, that's some list! I'll be daily driving it mostly.. the stuff you mentioned above is good for everyday use?

08mojo

Established Member
These are the parts I used for my clutch overhaul:

• 26 spline McLeod RXT
  • 26 spline input shaft (liberty)
  • FRPP throw-out bearing
  • Lethal billet retainer sleeve
  • local parts store pilot bearing
  • input shaft shim kit
  • oem clutch cable
  • steeda (I think, it was installed by previous owner) clutch quadrant
  • unknown firewall adjuster

The car is not my daily driver, but I occasionally take the car to work in rush hour traffic. I would not have any issues with daily driving the car. In fact, this setup is much better than stock for daily driving due to the light clutch pedal.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
don't forget to look into getting an adjustable pivot ball from McLeod as well. there are a few threads ongoing right now but to me its a good piece of insurance to have for adjusting that clutch.
my setup:
-26 spline rxt
-d&d input/shimmed
-fidanza alum fly
-steeda firewall adj
-mcleod adj PB
-mcleod HD TOB
-lethal retainer
-frpp pilot
-upgraded yoke on the driveshaft<--i'll get more info on this (just bought setup from a buddy)

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head. That would be the whole lot for doing a complete overhaul. We normally recommend keeping the factory cable but you can change that out as well if you wish. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions. Don't forget about your forum discount as well!

Thanks,
Matt

Aubz

Established Member
Where in nj are you located? I will be installing my rxt sometime within the next month.

Users who are viewing this thread