Looking to spray 2011 gt

t660

Established Member
Like it says up top, I'm looking to add a nitrous kit to a 2011 GT m6 with slight mods (LCAs, Bama 93 tune, barton 2 post bracket)

I want to build a car that can be daily driven but something that I can take to the track occasionally.

The current setup that I am considering is:

NX Plate kit or Zex wet kit (Zex costs $100 less but the plate system seems like a better design)
Bottle pressure gauge
Purge kit
MSD Digital window switch
Ford racing heat range 0 spark plugs

How does this look to you guys? I live in Texas and the heat is starting to come in quick so I'm thinking warming up the bottle won't be as much of an issue as keeping it cool is.

150 would be the absolute most that I would be spraying, and even then I'd probably keep it down at 100 since I don't want anything to grenade on me.

What would you guys recommend for tuning? Bama has a nitrous tune for a 100 shot, but I've heard negative things about it. What about other supporting mods?

Anything that I'm forgetting, any red flags?

Thanks for any info

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
All sounds fine, except I'd go with a tuner with more nitrous specific experience. Lund, AED, JPC or BBR. The NX plate kid is solid. I don't like nozzle kits on coyotes. Stick car you are smart having a window switch. Anything goes wrong on a shift and you tag the limiter with spray and fuel going in, that could be bad. I prefer NGK plugs but, at 100 the FRPP plugs are fine..

Last edited:

t660

Established Member
All sounds fine, except I'd go with a tuner with more nitrous specific experience. Lund, AED, JPC or BBR. The NX plate kid is solid. I don't like nozzle kits on coyotes. Stick car you are smart having a window switch. Anything goes wrong on a shift and you tag the limiter with spray and fuel going in, that could be bad. I prefer NGK plugs but, at 100 the FRPP plugs are fine..

Thanks for the feedback.

Could you go a little more in depth about the differences between a Bama nitrous tune and one from say Lund? Am I risking serious problems like going lean with a tune from Bama?

I only recently got the tuner, so dropping another couple hundred on another tune isn't something I want to do, but obviously I'd rather spend the money than risk the engine.

5lho

Established Member
It's just not their area of expertise so, they don't have the same experience base. Capping themselves at 100 is chickenshit and shows they don't really deal with this a lot. 100 shot nitrous tune is child's play on these cars but, over that, you do need to know what you are doing so you might as well start with someone who does, allowing you to walk up if desired. High compression motors like this LOVE nitrous but are unforgiving of tuning mistakes.

The best bet is picking up the kit the tuner you choose likes and going that way. Everybody likes the NX plate kit you chose, pretty much. It's rock solid and quality piece. I would not go with Zex bc it's a nozzle kit and this intake manifold is shaky on nitrous distribution as it is. 100 shot, it'll be ok but, no room to grow because I'd never shoot over 100 out of a nozzle on this car, personally.

mhyjek

Established Member

2x as per above the only other thing would add a pusher system like nanno it allows you use the entire bottle of nitrous and consistent hits to the end and you don't need a bottle heater. Also if you have e85 around you throw in a BAP with injectors you can make some crazy power!!

t660

Established Member
It's just not their area of expertise so, they don't have the same experience base. Capping themselves at 100 is chickenshit and shows they don't really deal with this a lot. 100 shot nitrous tune is child's play on these cars but, over that, you do need to know what you are doing so you might as well start with someone who does, allowing you to walk up if desired. High compression motors like this LOVE nitrous but are unforgiving of tuning mistakes.

The best bet is picking up the kit the tuner you choose likes and going that way. Everybody likes the NX plate kit you chose, pretty much. It's rock solid and quality piece. I would not go with Zex bc it's a nozzle kit and this intake manifold is shaky on nitrous distribution as it is. 100 shot, it'll be ok but, no room to grow because I'd never shoot over 100 out of a nozzle on this car, personally.

Thanks for the info man. I already pulled the trigger on the NX plate system, so I guess I'll have to look around and find out who likes to make tunes for that.

The tuner that I've got right now is a iTSX wireless tuner that I ordered off AM on sale. Do you know if it's possible to add tunes from other tuners onto that? I know it can be done with the SCT tuners, so I'm guessing it can be done with this as well.

2x as per above the only other thing would add a pusher system like nanno it allows you use the entire bottle of nitrous and consistent hits to the end and you don't need a bottle heater. Also if you have e85 around you throw in a BAP with injectors you can make some crazy power!!

I just looked into the nano system, I had never heard about it until you mentioned it. I really haven't found much info on it yet, so I'll probably hold off on that.

I do have e85, but I'm on a limited budget. Once I spend some more time researching it and get some more funds I may go ahead with the conversion.

Once again thanks for the info guys.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Do yourself a favor and make a phone call to JPC and speak with Eric, Arron, Tommy, or Justin. Deal with people that install these things for a living, they will steer you right. Sometimes receiving advice here is not the greatest.

5lho

Established Member
I use the X4 and have three different brands of tune on it, I assume the ITSx is the same.

I always try to limit failure modes my not over-egging the pudding with mods. My simple setup is NX plate, manual bottle heater, pressure gauge at the bottle, TPS activation, NGK 6510, 100 shot jets. I'm on an auto and the tune is BBR. System awaits a good track day to properly test, maybe next week but, seems to function fine in street testing. It's foolproof, 1 relay and an on switch in the car. No additional complexities that run the risk of breaking and leaving you high and dry. The bottle is nestled in the spare tire well and there is no way you can tell it's got N2O from a glance, every wire and line is buried. Less hassle from the tech guys at the strip that way.

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I use the X4 and have three different brands of tune on it, I assume the ITSx is the same.

I always try to limit failure modes my not over-egging the pudding with mods. My simple setup is NX plate, manual bottle heater, pressure gauge at the bottle, TPS activation, NGK 6510, 100 shot jets. I'm on an auto and the tune is BBR. System awaits a good track day to properly test, maybe next week but, seems to function fine in street testing. It's foolproof, 1 relay and an on switch in the car. No additional complexities that run the risk of breaking and leaving you high and dry. The bottle is nestled in the spare tire well and there is no way you can tell it's got N2O from a glance, every wire and line is buried. Less hassle from the tech guys at the strip that way.

How do you like the BBR tune?

Users who are viewing this thread