Looking to upgrade my suspension..

5.4 speedster

Banned
My current suspension mods are eibach springs and maximum motorsports non adj control arms. I'd like to stick with the springs I have. My car is a 95 vert and I am expecting numbers in the mid 700's.
The car is not a daily driver but I am not looking to turn it into a straight line only kind of car. I'd like to have a car that handles well but I'd like to be able to put the power to the ground. At this time I am not interested in going with coilovers.
Any ideas?
adj struts and shocks?
throw bilsteins on and just make the time up at the end of the race?

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i have steeda stage 1 and 2 set up on mine now, i really like it. id get some adjustables for all 4 corners, upgrade the upper control arms, maybe throw some termy lowers on the front, solid rack bushings.. all the normal stuff should tighten it up.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You still need uppers with a panhard, it only controls side to side.

To get rid of uppers you need a Torque Arm and panhard.

I would recommend both.

5.4 speedster

Banned
I know bilsteins really turn the car into a corner carving machine (which I love) but won't they hinder launches quite a bit? I guess I just want it all ya know?

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
I'm torn between Bilsteins and Tokico. To save some money I will probably do the Tokico's. I don't go to the track but once/twice a year. I'm basically running a over powered grocery getter.

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
Before you get into the setup you need dampers to match your springs, what eibachs they are I don't know but the Tokico D-spec adjustables should do good for you

Well if you can overcome having your chassis choped/welded onto I suggest:

1. Welded full length subframe connectors (while you are doing that reinforce the torque boxes because they are a weak point in the chassis)

2. Panhard Bar or Watts Link

3. Tri-link or Torque Arm to eliminate the crap job 4 link set-up and turn it into a 3 link

5.4 speedster

Banned
I have full length max motorsports sub frames already.
Id love to do the max motorsports panhard/tq arm but how will that work for street racing? I know it kicks ass on the roadcourse though

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
any suggestions on struts and shocks? strange? lakewood?
thoughts on ditching the upper control arms in favor of a panhard?
Stampede is right. I am getting close to having my MM panhard bar installed right now...hopefully by tomorrow night. I have Tokico Illumina adjustable shocks/struts and they work well for going from the drag strip to the street to the road course. If you really want to spend the money on some top notch ones, get the Koni adjustables.

Users who are viewing this thread