Looks like 2007 GT500 Values are on Rise

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
That's bad ass. Mine had 6k miles when I bought it for $29.5 and I thought I got a good deal lol.

I've already doubled the miles on mine is about 10 months.

I will say though, that a stock 07 GT500 is so slow and underwhelming that I wasn't surprised how few miles it had when I bought it. BORING!

^^^That is true too, technology and power has leaped so much over such a short period of time that it is Very Easy to get bored quickly in todays performance car world.

It is nice to buy a pristine example and mod it as you choose, instead of buying someone else's well-worn car.

R

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Anyone buying a car/bike/truck as an investment is delusional. Unless its a super low quantity optioned build with under 100 miles, its just a high hp (compared to a GT) Mustang.

I think Shelbys and Cobras in general are special cars, easily moddable to very high HP levels. From a value standpoint, they are and will always be a depreciating asset until decades down the road.

In 20-30 years they may be worth a lot more if the industry push to electric and hybrids and fuel cells keep going as they are, but its still a long shot for the average Shelby.

I love mine and hope to never sell it, but im not thinking ill get anything more than fair market value.

Fox body guys are.. well... getting crazy pricing their low mile cars.

I lol everytime i see a guy trying to sell a clean Fox GT for 10k plus. They dont realise the value and popularity of the Fox is in its ability to accept most high power engine builds of all makes and go fast. Its light weight, not originality or low miles, are why they are popular.

No one cares you have a low mile Fox body that makes less hp and torque than a new Ecoboost Mustang. I saw one guy in AZ asking 20k for a "restored" Fox body.

*edit* Heres the listing
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/89-classic-mustang-fully/6447123373.html

Last edited:

JRMotorsports55

Established Member
I bought a used white 07 vert with 21k miles for 33k last year. After doing some digging, it is one of 63 verts to have the tungsten stripes versus blue. Also has the obscurity and interesting history that it was a Canadian car (have original Canadian window sticker) which was reimported back to the states 7/16. I am hopeful that it will have future value based on these things, but I am still driving it and enjoying the hell out of it. My plan is to stick with easily reversible mods and keep all orig parts because you never know what the future will bring. Either way, I love the car and just the thought that I own it makes me smile.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Cars are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

As for the '07-09 gen, I've been attending a number of car shows of late and I still think the '07-09 gen GT500 is the best looking of them all, especially the front end. My car gets lots of attention over some of the newer rides.

2007-2009 are my preference also, however, I do like the 2010-14's too, but at first I was so sure I liked the "then new" look.......

As for future values............just as has been the case in the past, it will be this generation now, who will be the buyers then, for a car that they could not afford at a younger point in life...........OR someone getting back into a Shelby because they had to sell their car earlier in life for things like "starting a family", etc. <<Those will be the buyers who are trying to get into a car that they have always wanted, or want to get back into.

The guys who have paid (and are paying) the Big dollars for a nice classic muscle car are well along in life and buying their dream..........it will be no different in the future.

R

Users who are viewing this thread