Looks like Ford Racing is making us another intake manifold!

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
Just was looking in the new Jan. edition of 5.0 mustang and super fords (page 37) and looks like ford is coming out with something like a sullivan. It is coming out in fuel injected or carb style. They said it should be coming out by the end of the year. Can't wait to see how it performs:banana:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
too bad I'm not spinning my motor 7,000+ RPMs.

Sullivan intakes really don't help unless you have a high revving motor.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
The question is will it be affordable? No way in hell am I dropping $3k for an intake.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The FR500 intake is $3000 because it is magniesium. WAY lighter than the stocker and makes alot of power too. Once you get the Sullivan, there is alot of work to make it work. You have to buy fuel rails, $250 or so worth of fuel lines and an connectors, extend wires, modify or fab up an air intake, lots of little things. I'm probably $1500 into my Sully and I bought the intake and rails used.

I will believe this new intake when I see it. IIRC at one point there was supposed to be an AL version of the FR500 to bring cost down as well as the intake off the FR500C built for C heads, which has yet to appear in the catalog. You can get take offs from ebay for about 2 grand though. For some reason FRPP hates the 4v guys.

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
Yea I had the Sully and had to to do a lot of fabbing. The intake tube was the worst part.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I massaged my JLT RAI and added a shorter filter. I think it will work. My hood barely touches the elbow. I'm not sure that if I had the stock hood it would clear though. So talking new parts, almost $2000 for the intake and at least $600 for a new painted hood and $3000 for a truely bolt on intake isn't that bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread