Looks like the 2016 SVT Mustang is confirmed to have a 5.2L, widebody

bpmurr

Established Member
From looking at spy pics of the GT350, it has a vent in the fender right behind the front tire the GT doesn't have. Much like what the 2015 M4.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
5.2L 550HP N/A ? sounds pretty damn bad ass to me !

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
screw it, i don't work for ford and there is no possible way to know who i got the info from....

the 5.2 is an all new engine, very loosely coyote based and it is indeed FPC. its well over 500hp.

91z28350

Established Member
Not sure if that is legit info or not with regards to the fpc, but I hope so (though I am waiting for a GT500/Cobra to complement the '12)

Lemers

Established Member
If this car is in the $45 to $55k range then it's the one for me. I just got stationed in Germany for 3 yrs and I've already talked with the NCS on post.

If it's more than $55k then I guess I will "settle" for a GT.

NCS had 9 Anniversary LE allocations and offered me one than a lottery winner didn't order on.

I turned it down waiting on this.

91z28350

Established Member
Enjoy the autobahn, and remember, Thursday's are open track day at the Nordschleife!!! Lastly, thanks for your service to the country!

Lemers

Established Member
So far the autobahn has been underwhelming. There are actually zones with speed limits as low as 100 kph (60 mph). 130 kph (80 mph) is the recommended speed where is is no speed limit.

I'm from Texas and 80 mph highways are standard for me.

Also, since I plan to order the "GT350" or a GT I bought a 2003 BMW 325i beater. I've gotten it up to 130 mph (it's American specs), but I am limited on tax free gas and that attempt sucked up a lot of my rations.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but I built the autobahn up in my head as the Mecca of roads for drivers. Maybe it's the car I have who knows. (I really miss my Z right now).

I do like the back roads, that seem like they just paved 1000 year old goat trails. They have 100 kph limits and dangerously fun hairpin turns.

Users who are viewing this thread