Looks Like the Cobra has to Go !! Best Way to Sell ??

bluecoupdegrace

Established Member
Well...I'm out of work...my insurance on my 03 Cobra has reached $5000/year, and my ex just got my child-support payments raised $800/mo.

Looks like my 03 Cobra is a luxury I can no longer afford...

What's the best way to sell it and get the most for it ??

goinbyu

That really sucks, bro. I'd say advertise it everywhere....Yahoo, classic car trader, local paper, etc. Good luck.

Blackhorse

Established Member
This is off topic, but I looked in your profile after you listed the amount your insurance was. I expected to find someone 18 years old. You're 50. How can your insurance be that high? Wow. Sorry to hear you have to sell the car. I would try things like Tradin' Times or that Mustang Trader that is put out every month. If you trade it in they'll screw you on it. I was at my local dealer this morning looking at a used 03 Cobra. They were asking 31,000 for it. So you can imagine what they gave the person trading it. Good luck with everything.

krman68

Established Member
Ahh that sucks !! I live in Bucks County too. I'll ask around and see if I can locate someone who'd be interested.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Hey blue coupe,

Could you post a little more info about your car, and maybe your contact info? I'll pass it on to folks I know in your area that might be interested...

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Damn, dude, hate to hear that. I would run an ad in Autotrader Magazine.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
bluecoupdegrace may not be the only one to do this.

I found out last week my job may be elimanted due to downsizing and this horrible economy we are in. Not to mention the threat of war!

I'll know more in two weeks.

My car has 5,400 never been in rain or snow. Mods are listed.

I hate to even be typing this ...... take care I feel your pain

Friendchicken

DAMMIT... hope you guys get new job real soon! Sad to see ya's have to get rid of the car. I would really be upset.

T3, if I had the extra cash, I'd buy your aftermarket to get you some of your $$ back and maybe keep the car. :bash:

Though about selling the parts and going back to stock? Looks like you have alot of $$ tied up in it...

SVT4ME

Established Member
Hate to say it but you'll never get what you want for your stang. The trick is to get someone to take over payments with a couple buck trade

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Yes I would agree with someone taking over payments.

I really don't want to remove the mods unless it is necessary.

The car runs better than new and has been well taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread