Looky what I found - 07 FRPP Catalog

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/catalogs.asp

The new 07 Ford Racing catalog with lots of goodies for the Shelby GT500!!! From cams to the handling pack, mesh grill, shorty headers, and new steering wheel. Looks like Christmas came a little early this year!!! :pepper:

Also mentions the soon to be released performance pack options such as the power upgrade pack, drag pack, and a blower upgrade pack.

Click on the link to either view or download the catalog.

Jim

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
03Terminator said:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/catalogs.asp

The new 07 Ford Racing catalog with lots of goodies for the Shelby GT500!!! From cams to the handling pack, mesh grill, shorty headers, and new steering wheel. Looks like Christmas came a little early this year!!! :pepper:

Also mentions the soon to be released performance pack options such as the power upgrade pack, drag pack, and a blower upgrade pack.

Click on the link to either view or download the catalog.

Jim

Wow nice find 03Terminator...

Interesting how they always refer to the GT500 as "The 07 SVT Cobra".

There's alot of debate going on here whether or not the GT500 really is a "Cobra" (even thought it's got Cobra emblems everywhere it does not spell out COBRA on the car) and I think this should put the discussion to rest huh?

THANKS!!!!

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
Wow nice find 03Terminator...

Interesting how they always refer to the GT500 as "The 07 SVT Cobra".

There's alot of debate going on here whether or not the GT500 really is a "Cobra" (even thought it's got Cobra emblems everywhere it does not spell out COBRA on the car) and I think this should put the discussion to rest huh?

THANKS!!!!

Your welcome!!! I found it funny that in not one place do they refer to the car as the "Shelby" GT500. :dw:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
03Terminator said:
Your welcome!!! I found it funny that in not one place do they refer to the car as the "Shelby" GT500. :dw:
Yes I agree... wonder what's up with that?!?

Maybe they are prepping us for an upcoming name change coming our way soon!

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
They call it cobra becaus it was printed before they changed the name. The 07 gt500 is an svt cobra, just with a minor name change late in the game due to the rearrangement of svt and ford racing.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
chuckstang said:
They call it cobra becaus it was printed before they changed the name. The 07 gt500 is an svt cobra, just with a minor name change late in the game due to the rearrangement of svt and ford racing.

Yeah but it's an 07 catalog, can't be that hard to change it. Any way who cares, it's just nice to finally see the performance parts coming out for this car. :beer:

chuckstang

Established Member
Yup, money can be better spent elswhere
On another note, how come some steeper gears are highly recommended for the gt500 but were considered to be low on the mod list for the Terms?????

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
chuckstang said:
On another note, how come some steeper gears are highly recommended for the gt500 but were considered to be low on the mod list for the Terms?????
Different power band from different engines?:shrug:

wildosvt04

Established Member
chuckstang said:

No hook and bait here. Its simple, Weight- Smaller dia tire- 3.55

I would think that the larger tire dia. on the 07 with the 3.31 would relate closer to a 3.27 on a 01 Cobra with stock tire dia.

Someone with better knowledge of rollout and such will surely point me straight. (If Im 100% wrong, I hope they do!):pop:

chuckstang

Established Member
1st gear in both the term and gt500 is nearly identical because the 6 speed gearing is different to offset the slower winding 331 gears in the gt500
My guess is that because the gt500 weighs so much, more gear helps it get rolling

Fourcam330

Established Member
Mainly weight and the taller tire dia. as stated above. I'm sure the fastest Terms (with blowers) are running something other than stock gearing.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I switched to 4.30's in my term, and it made a world of difference. I'm running '01 cams and a ported blower though, so it makes a ton of top end power.

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
They call it a Cobra so they can keep the rights to the name. I guess if they don't use it, then it is up for grabs.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
very nice - thanks for posting 03terminator :beer:

curious if the only difference between engine blocks m-6010-a46na and m6010-a46sc on page 51 is the front dress and elimination of the knock sensor bosses

Users who are viewing this thread