Loose front bumper covers on the stang

92LX5.0

Established Member
You guys notice how all stangs have a loose front bumper cover?
For you guys that have your 03, please let me know if the front
bumper is loose.................thanx, Mike

Last edited:
B

blown03cobra

Thanks so much for the warning bud,, as soon as i get mine i plan on going over that girl with a magnifying glass, now I will definately be on the lookout on that bumper,, especially how low that front "air dam/lip" sits :beer:

92LX5.0

Established Member
u got it brother, I was even playin with the bumper at the NY car show. I was hoping it was just from being moved around and all.
After that I went to my dealer and f'd with every bumper on the lot, all loose man!!

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by 92LX5.0
u got it brother, I was even playin with the bumper at the NY car show. I was hoping it was just from being moved around and all.
After that I went to my dealer and f'd with every bumper on the lot, all loose man!!

LOL, so your the guy that got bumrushed by the security guards J/K :lol: thanks for the research and going out there, If i see one more stang before my baby gets here Im going to go clinically insane , have a good one buddy:beer:

RED '03

Established Member
My '03 front facia was loose at right top. Told this was normal. Looks to be based on pulling other facias.

nsreed

Established Member
Yep it's loose

Picked up my Cobra yesterday and was detailing it this morning. The front facia is loose. Especially the driver side. The fit is fine but I think over time it might be a problem. So will look into a way to correct it.

92LX5.0

Established Member
I was thinking of using some kind of lock screws or something. Damn! is Ford getting cheap or is there a logical reason for this

El Culebra

Established Member
Folks that already have thier cars should call SVT it may be a marginal design problem and if it is it should be corrected. My fasia on my Saleen (RIP) was sort of loose like that as well never gave me problems exept paint chipping of due to workmanship quality. umm.....:??:

Call Ford and SVT.

92LX5.0

Established Member
No EL, all gt's and lx's are the same man. lol i tugged on many of bumper

Users who are viewing this thread