Lose My License?

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Ok HEres my history

Little Over 1 year ago, Ticketed for 75+ in a 65.
Went To Traffic School, No Points

6 Months Ago,
Ticketed For 80+ in a 60
Did Nothing but paid fine.

1 Month ago....
87 In a 50. 37 Over. Written up for breaking maximum speed law only (no reckless thank goodness) I have a mandatory court appearance on the 16th and am just curious what might happen?

I get a fine and pay it? Am I close to losing my license with this latest ticket being this is my 3rd one (2nd I wont have the option of traffic school)

Anyway just wondering how my points are adding up????

Thanks Guys

-Steve

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
In California, points are assessed at the rate of one (1) per incident involving speed violations. It appears you would be assessed two (2) points when (if) you are convicted on this newest offense.

Also in California, you need four (4) or more in a twelve month period, or six (6) in a twenty-four month or eight (8) in a thrity-six month period to reach the point of suspension. Keep in mind, offenses such as reckless driving, DUI, evading, or speeds above 100 mph carry a two (2) point assessments, so they can add up fast for some folks.

Good luck.

red2kcbr

Established Member
You're probably screwed. If you dodge it this time, they'll get you next time. Maybe you need to pick your places to speed a little more carefully. And zones that are marked 50 or less are just bait. They love to get you in those areas.

I speed just about every day, but I pick where.

Users who are viewing this thread