losing brake fluid at trackdays

Iank

Established Member
So, I've been really enjoying trackdays with my 2012 Boss this year, (New Jersey Motorsports Park) but am having issues with brake fluid loss. It comes out of the master cylinder and also the bleeder valves on the Bembo calipers. I made sure to flush the fliud and fill with hi-temp fluid in the beginning of the season. I added the Ford racing brake duct kit, and that definitely helped, but now I'm not sure if I have to upgrade to a big brake system in the front ($$$), or can the stock Brembos be made reliable without leaking fluid when they get hot? I was using the stock brake pads. If anyone has solved this issue without replacing the stock brake system, I'd love to hear about it.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
By master cylinder, do you mean the reservoir cap?
If so, simply remove some fluid from the reservoir and zip-tie a rag around it while at the track.

As for the calipers, mine used to weep fluid out, as well. I bought steel inserts and smaller calipers, and they have not weeped since then.

Insert, PFC part no. 900.900.104.02
Smaller bleeder screw, PFC part no. 900.900.104.01

Iank

Established Member
Yes, leak was from the cap. Thanks for the info on the insert and bleeder screw, will try that for next season.

Users who are viewing this thread