loss of power

achamb7

Established Member
Drove my car today, and noticed that when I go about 80% throttle, it will losse power for about 1000 rpm, then it kicks back in, almost like timing is being severely pulled. Happened above 3500... 1 time happened from 4~5000 rpm, another time 4500~5500 rpm. Any ideas? I have no codes being thrown, and driving normally it drives great. Anything above 70-80% throttle and she looses power...

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Torque management needs to be turned off in the tune. If you don't have a tune get 1 and make its turned off in that tune!

Vert

Established Member
What tires are you running? I know the temps are dropping, any chance you are spinning the tires making you think you are losing power.

achamb7

Established Member
Firehawk wide oval. Just got them Friday. And I shouldn't be spinning at 4~5000 rpm in 3rd/4th gear. Don't have that much power lol.

Vert

Established Member
Firehawk wide oval. Just got them Friday. And I shouldn't be spinning at 4~5000 rpm in 3rd/4th gear. Don't have that much power lol.
If you are running a summer tire in 40* weather, it is easy to break them loose.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
datalog it and see if it really is pulling timing.

Don't know how...

Assuming there is no other issues like a giant vacuum leak.

Have you tried this... with everything turned off? you know, like advancetrac... In good driving conditions being... you might be a great driver... dad lets you drive in the driveway.
((Read owners manual on how to operate advancetrac and what to expect when it is turned off, operate at your own risk) (<<< Legal Disclaimer))

In Alabama I don't think winter temperature is your main issue with tire slippage but... with advancetrac off if it does the same, you will need to...
contact your tuner for data logging instruction, the tuner will need to see the data logs to see if it is a tune issue and what needs fixed...

If it doesn't and the car gets stupid from spin, advancetrac is off... well you found the answer. Advancetrac... Fords greatest nanny

Last edited:

achamb7

Established Member
^^^^ Guy above said below 40 degrees... it's been in the 20s-30s, and was in the upper 30s when this was happening. I had advancetrac off, but not all the nannies completely off (double clicked, not held for 8 seconds).

Users who are viewing this thread