lost my iphone

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
I heard theres a way you can track it through the gps or something. Someone told me they have a locator or something, maybe they were pulling my chain.
anyone got any ideas on how to do that if its even true

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
first i've heard of it..
Check the iPhone specific forums.

svt_nick69

Established Member
A girl i know was at a party and lost hers.
she went down to the apple store in the mall and asked about gps tracing and they said they didnt have one. She had to buy a new iphone. Best of luck to you tho.

crazyj0n

Established Member
If the thief decides to, he can activate the phone via iTunes. AT&T will then know that an iPhone reported lost/stolen is now activated under a different account. This is because of the unique IMEI number the phone carries (google it). They will bill the thief, and provide him with customer service just like any other loyal AT&T customer is entitled to. Unfortunately, they will not tell you, their other loyal customer, if the phone has been activated or any other information you request. Your only option is to file a police report and convince a detective to call AT&T and subpoena the account information of the newly activated phone.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
thanks i went through a bunch of threads and found that ifoundyouriphone thing and signed up. This is ignance, hoping its just chillin at my buddy's house i was partying at. Have to go check tomorrow

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
If the thief decides to, he can activate the phone via iTunes. AT&T will then know that an iPhone reported lost/stolen is now activated under a different account. This is because of the unique IMEI number the phone carries (google it). They will bill the thief, and provide him with customer service just like any other loyal AT&T customer is entitled to. Unfortunately, they will not tell you, their other loyal customer, if the phone has been activated or any other information you request. Your only option is to file a police report and convince a detective to call AT&T and subpoena the account information of the newly activated phone.

Um so that's only for the first Gen. And at&t doesn't choose sides because who's to say you didn't sell/gift it too him and then renigged?

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
ok that makes me feel a little better Virtual because mine was pretty much brand new. Got it like 2 weeks ago i think. Yeah that new, im pwnt

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
They can disable it. Just like a computer it has a Mac-like address. I just helped my friend do this. They won't be able to make any calls or use it once you do that.

Users who are viewing this thread