Lost some respect for the 5-0

orlo

Established Member
Wanted to share an experience I had lately... I was cruising around Philadelphia with a few friends at 4am (I know) trying to get some of those famous cheese steaks. Anyway, my gps suddenly turned off, causing us to get lost in a pretty sketchy part of town. As I roll up to a stop sign, I notice a patrol car sitting directly to my left, appearing to watch the intersection. I pointed this out to my friends, and came to a complete stop. I verbally counted out loud to my friends the amount of time that I was completely stopped. It had to be around 4-5 seconds, much longer than needed. As I continued on through the stop sign, I see the flashers come on and sure enough, I get pulled over. When to two cops come to my window, they tell me that they "got me rolling right through that stop sign." I was livid to say the least. I told them that I saw them well before approaching the intersection. They ignored me and tried accusing me of looking for drugs. I offered them to search my car or do whatever they felt necessary. After I showed them my dental school ID, I had them pretty confident that I wasn't a threat, and they let me go with a warning.

I'm still pretty ticked off about it, since there was absolutely no valid reason to pull me over.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
No reason? Driving through a sketchy part of Philly at 4 am is a good reason to give a car a second look.

So, you were stopped for a few minutes at 4 am and werent written a ticket or anything else. Way to complain.

Now lets talk about crappy dentists and how they overcharge for stupid crap and try to sell people work they dont need.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
ha, ironic, you made sure to have a nice long stop and that's the reason he pulled you over.

That rolling the stop sign is such a dumb ticket but I guess if they wouldn't give them out people would just fly through stop signs. Sucks but these are the breaks.

alexs93lx

Established Member
"Stupid dentists" don't make the payment structure. 99% of the time they work with MCO's and are incentivized to look for high reimbursement opportunities. I'd guess the op will look at government employees and their coverage for the "low hanging fruit" after this encounter.

MARK C

Established Member
Yah they had a reason...nice car, middle of the night, in a bad part of town, he thought you were looking to buy dope! Wasted your time? You wasted PLENTY of your own time bye getting LOST!!!
Kind of sounds like, Harold and Kumar go for Philly steak and cheese! :rockon:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
wow, sounds like that was a pretty reasonasble stop to me....what in the hell are you bitching about. you werent detained. you werent searched. your car wasnt searched. no tickets issued. no arrests. you got a warning and made a thread about how you lost respect for 5-0.

jesus christ.

thanks for that reply Adam.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No reason? Driving through a sketchy part of Philly at 4 am is a good reason to give a car a second look.

So, you were stopped for a few minutes at 4 am and werent written a ticket or anything else. Way to complain.

Now lets talk about crappy dentists and how they overcharge for stupid crap and try to sell people work they dont need.

Really?

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member

Very True but not pull it over for rolling through a stop when the Op clearly stated he stopped longer than required by law. I wasnt aware that you are allowed to be pulled over for following the law.

Philly PD Fishing much ..no way

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
It had to be around 4-5 seconds, much longer than needed.

Very True but not pull it over for rolling through a stop when the Op clearly stated he stopped longer than required by law. I wasnt aware that you are allowed to be pulled over for following the law.

Philly PD Fishing much ..no way

it's like a drunk person driving below the speed limit at 4 am.

Butterybunz

Established Member

Every thread in this section you come in and defend cops no matter what they do. You think they are always right and doing the right thing no matter what. It gets old.

OP- You did nothing wrong, and should not be stopped for something you obviously didn't do.

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member
it's like a drunk person driving below the speed limit at 4 am.

I understand your analogy although I dont think a slightly extended stop is comparable to an inebriated driver going under the speed limit. By the letter of the law unless he's traveling on a road with a posted minimum he would have to be doing something other than driving slow to warrant a stop.

Chicostang

Dont Tread On Me
Established Member
Every thread in this section you come in and defend cops no matter what they do. You think they are always right and doing the right thing no matter what. It gets old.

OP- You did nothing wrong, and should not be stopped for something you obviously didn't do.

AGREED:banana:

mifordman

Established Member

you must be new

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member

Read the rules for this forum newbie. Bashing of L.E. and/or L.E.O.s is not permitted. You, like others, confuse my failure to indict an officer on hearsay and innuendo as defense.

The problem with idiots like you is you know nothing of Law Enforcement, Police Procedure, the Legal System, and the Law, but insist on posting your "facts" based in nothing but your uneducated opinion.

I will call out an officer on his wrong doing once it is shown to the be case, not just because you, or others that think like you, have determined it should be done.

Unlike you I have actual experience in this arena. Additionally, as a Fed LEO I investigated other LEOs and know the evil they can do, it is just that I rarely see such supported here by actual fact.

Now, it is your turn to read the rules of this forum and to follow them when posting.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I understand your analogy although I dont think a slightly extended stop is comparable to an inebriated driver going under the speed limit. By the letter of the law unless he's traveling on a road with a posted minimum he would have to be doing something other than driving slow to warrant a stop.

I would imagine it's PC though. Or the long pause was to try and hide the drugs he just purchased.

Tons of possibilities.

Moral of the story? Stay out of the hood.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

AGREED:banana:

lol New class doesn't know what's up

Users who are viewing this thread