lost the ws6, picked up 98 cobra...

Darbowmach1

Established Member
Nice 98! I had a 94 LS1 TRans Am and it was in the shop more than the road most of the time (*%#! Optispark crap, coil, module .......) Now i bought a 98 Black/saddle Cobra and put in a K&N from the box (50 bucks), installed a Cobra snake grille emblem (20 bucks) and it looks and runs great! -had magnaflows, and lowered already. Have fun with your new wheels, looks great!

-any idle problems could be caused by your iac valve, do a search to clean it or replace.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Here are some really shitty pics. I picked the wrong time to go take them...:eek:

982_G.jpg

98_G.jpg

rb185afm

Established Member
My car before my current LS1 was a 98 Cobra. I loved that car about a billions time better than my current 02 Z28. But that is probably why I am trading it in this weekend for an 03 Cobra.

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by Darbowmach1
Nice 98! I had a 94 LS1 TRans Am and it was in the shop more than the road most of the time (*%#! Optispark crap, coil, module .......)

they didnt have the ls1 in 94

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I think it has at least 3.73's in it too. Ran some numbers through an online calculator. Im gonna ask the dealer to get a hold of this guy for a mods list. Cause it was dropped and has aftermarket shocks/struts and caster camber plates also. :uh oh:

SNK BITN

Established Member
Nice car, densecharger also makes a nice CAI and for a killer price too. Just curious as to why to took the plunge into a Cobra and dropped the LS1?

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
The interior is even cleaner (if thats a word). The guy took excellent care of it, altho it does need a good buff/wax. Other than that its damn near perfect. With a few mods to keep me happy for a while. Id juts like to open the intake a little.

I traded in the Fbody cause it was a POS. Nothing but problems.

Ive always liked the 98 Cobras, and looked at one a while back but I couldnt afford it. Now I finally can. The Cobra is a much more solid car, Ive already put almost 300 miles on it since Friday. I cant wait for the next 300 either. Its a much more solic car, rides so damn smooth, handles like a dream. Lastnight I hit 120 and I had no idea I was going that fast; it felt just like 50. Im in love.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread