lost to an 06 Z06

robiferretti

Established Member
Since my loss to my buddies 06 Z 2 days ago I decided to take the car to a dyno to see what it makes. 499.7 rwhp on a mustang dyno bone stock with 830 miles on the clock.

Z06 that beat me put down 490 rwhp only mods are an intake and a tune.

guess factoring in the weight the results are right where they should be.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Do you really think that your GT (or any performance car) will develop as much hp new as when it is properly broken in? Why didn't you try breaking the engine in before you raced it?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Wow, that car isn't making a whole lot of power (subjectively of course :lol: ) and his is making plenty more than stock with simple mods.

satx

Banned
your car seems a little down on power.....go get a tune and declare a "do-over" on the race :-D

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Being that the dyno pull was on a Mustang dyno, those numbers are probably pretty close, because most MD seem to report 5-10% lower numbers even though Dynojet and MD are supposed to give similar results if setup properly.

Still, we need more details.

Fourcam330

Established Member
robiferretti said:
his baseline stock dyno was 460rwhp he was able to gain 30 rwhp with the filter and tune.

Was this on the same Mustang dyno you tested your GT on?

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Being that the dyno pull was on a Mustang dyno, those numbers are probably pretty close, because most MD seem to report 5-10% lower numbers even though Dynojet and MD are supposed to give similar results if setup properly.

Still, we need more details.

When properly calibrated a MD will always read 5-10% lower than a DJ.

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
So those numbers are correct? I would think so.

The GT #s should be correct on a MD. It would make more sense to me if the vette was on a DJ. From I've seen they're putting down ~440-450rw stock corrected on a DJ.

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
baby_crying.jpg

Say it aint so.
Yes it IS!
Get over it!

satx

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
When properly calibrated a MD will always read 5-10% lower than a DJ.

I believe most MD's are calibrated to read like a dynojet these days.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I saw an article recently where a Ford GT, new Z06 and a Viper went at it. The Z06's 1/4 mile time was actually 2/10's faster than the GT. I was shocked to see that, especially since the Z is about half the price. I ran a 1.8 mile road course two weeks ago and had both in my group. During the first session when I was getting acustomed to the course, the GT passed me on the final lap. I was WOT in high second to third and he passed me like I was sitting still. I wasn't even close to keeping up. However after the Z passed me I was able to keep fairly close to him in the straights. Now maybe he wasn't giving it full throttle, but the GT sure appeared much faster to me.

Users who are viewing this thread