lost to an 06 Z06

Fourcam330

Established Member
satx said:
I believe most MD's are calibrated to read like a dynojet these days.

If they are I'm not aware of it. It's really all about the calibrations entered, which is done on a shop by shop basis. Judging by the 499rw figure, that MD reads as it should.

satx

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
If they are I'm not aware of it. It's really all about the calibrations entered, which is done on a shop by shop basis. Judging by the 499rw figure, that MD reads as it should.

within the last 12 months the software on MDs has been changed. I think they got tired of everyone wanting to use the dynojets. That's why when you see someone posting a dynosheet produced on an MD people are shocked at the power they make (as opposed to the old super low numbers they used to put out). I haven't seen a ~330 rwhp 03 cobra in a long time.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
I saw an article recently where a Ford GT, new Z06 and a Viper went at it. The Z06's 1/4 mile time was actually 2/10's faster than the GT. I was shocked to see that, especially since the Z is about half the price. I ran a 1.8 mile road course two weeks ago and had both in my group. During the first session when I was getting acustomed to the course, the GT passed me on the final lap. I was WOT in high second to third and he passed me like I was sitting still. I wasn't even close to keeping up. However after the Z passed me I was able to keep fairly close to him in the straights. Now maybe he wasn't giving it full throttle, but the GT sure appeared much faster to me.

Road course racing is ALL driver. I've seen Miata's beat vettes and vipers.

Fourcam330

Established Member
satx said:
within the last 12 months the software on MDs has been changed. I think they got tired of everyone wanting to use the dynojets. That's why when you see someone posting a dynosheet produced on an MD people are shocked at the power they make (as opposed to the old super low numbers they used to put out). I haven't seen a ~330 rwhp 03 cobra in a long time.

That definitely makes sense, I thought about that last night--the fact that most people don't like MDs because they read lower.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
So how bad did you lose? You are making more power, but he is about 400 lbs lighter.

It is crazy when a C6 Z with just an intake and tune beats a FGT. Damn, Z is a beast

robiferretti

Established Member
#s are right, 530 rwhp vs 490 rwhp and a 400 lb difference, right where the cars should of been. True this was my first time ever driving a manual transmission, but I think I held my own :)

I have it on HD video, just have to wait for my new computer to edit it.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Did I miss something... where did the 530 number come from... I thought you said the GT made 499???

It 'sounds' to me... like the GT was tested on a MD and made 499 (that sounds right for a Mustang Dyno)... The Z-06 must have been on a Dyno Jet... and they barely put 460 down on Dyno Jets... (Stock)... and 490 Tuned and Intake is a bit high... but so is the baseline... so it could be the dyno.

No way does a new Z put down 460-490 on a MD... they would make about 410 stock.

To give you a quick comparison... our 2001 T2 Firebird makes 325 RWHP on a DynoJet... and 289 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno...

Either way... best driver would win that race... and your talking anything over 500HP+ (at the motor).... your 50HP advantage is diminished by the weight difference... and again... then it comes down to best driver.

Look forward to seeing the video!

Dave

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
that Z06 had to be dyno'd on a dynojet. there is no way it will make that much power on a mustang dyno. the GT had to have been dyno'd on a mustang dyno in order to dyno that low. all my ridez were dyno'd on the same dynojet in tempe, arizona

bluestreak89

Established Member
I mean this is not the end of the world. The vette has been proven to be faster than the vipers but there are vids of near stock or stock vipers beating the Z. Its not impossible to lose to a lower rated car. especially if the driver is better (more experienced) with their car. You should give the car sufficient brake in time, if you havent already but I saw someone say you didnt, and then have at it again. You can put 8k in it (accufab) and have 725hp easy, and you will need it when the blue devil comes out.

TRXboy

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
I mean this is not the end of the world. The vette has been proven to be faster than the vipers but there are vids of near stock or stock vipers beating the Z. Its not impossible to lose to a lower rated car. especially if the driver is better (more experienced) with their car. You should give the car sufficient brake in time, if you havent already but I saw someone say you didnt, and then have at it again. You can put 8k in it (accufab) and have 725hp easy, and you will need it when the blue devil comes out.

I still don't see GM releasing a FI verison of a Vette anytime soon. Maybe it is just me. And 8K for a Exs/Pully/Tune is insane.

bluestreak89

Established Member
TRXboy said:
I still don't see GM releasing a FI verison of a Vette anytime soon. Maybe it is just me. And 8K for a Exs/Pully/Tune is insane.

Well take a look around the blue devil is coming! And 8k for 175 bhp give or take a few is not bad! If it only cost 1100 bucks would you really want to put it on your 150k car?

bowdwn2001

Established Member
The week I bought my Z I took it to Houston Raceway Park (About 200 miles on it) I was still learning how to drive it and went a 11.68 on the second pass. 60 ft = 2.05. There’s even one or two that are completely stock with drag radials running in the 11.20s. Seems like the Z would have the advantage in the quarter but the GT would have it in a road course, but I have no way of proving it. Just my 2 cents. No matter, it’s just nice to see the Americans showing the rest of the world if we want to build the fastest cars we will.

robiferretti

Established Member
the 530 whp is my conversion from MD->DynoJet (not exact figures just ball parking it).

the pulls were 2-3-4 on the highway as much as I'ld like to consider driver a factor, I dont think it played a role here. The Z wasn't pulling away during shifts, it was pulling in gear.

Users who are viewing this thread