lots of play in steering and loose steering wheel

crazywhiteboy90

Established Member
my steering wheel has had a lot of play about 2 inches atleast side to side where i can turn the wheel without the tires moving. I checked the shaft and joints and there were no issue so i decided to remove the airbag and see if it was the steering wheel itself and sure enough it was. the nut that goes through the center of the steering wheel showed alot of play and i could visually see the steering wheel moving around the nut a little bit before actually catching it and turning the steering shaft. the inside of the wheel looks a bit worn but the nut looks worse is there anyway to fix this? would changing the nut be enough to make the steering wheel solid again or is it the wheel itself thats worn? any help would be appreciated because i cant afford to drop 100s of dollars on a 10th anniversary steering wheel

XYIscOH.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
you could always buy a stocker until you have the cash for another 10th wheel. Not sure how to fix it as ive never taken my wheel off. If the nut can be replaced I would try that first.

Can you take a better pic showing the nut as well as the wear on the steering wheel

Users who are viewing this thread