Lots of work to do!

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Got my engine back from Pro Line Race Engines. What a great bunch of guys. Highly recommend them.

I also picked up a chromoloy K-Member and Chromoly A-Arms. brand spanking new in packaging for CHEAP!!! I bought them off of Tim Lynch :-D does that make me fast by association? lol.

Anywho, got the rear springs off the car and a buddy of mine is cutting the dead coil off for me at work. So the car won't be all Dukes of Hazard slammed in the front, jacked up in the back.

Got to install the kmember and a-arms and then the motor will slide right in. Projective date for having the motor in the car is next wednesday. Projected breakin of the new motor is the wednesday after that. I need to install the driveshaft safety loop and adjust the front suspension height. Also need to do preliminary adjustments to the rear suspension - pinion angle, try and adjust out the tires so it doesn't sit so far out on one side...

The nitrous kit will not be going back on the car for some time so i won't be tempted to use it. But when its ready to race, it will put on a show, that's for sure :)

Deciding on weather to keep a 10.5" Spec Stage 3 Clutch. I've got an 03 Alum flywheel sitting in the garage that i got. But don't know if i want to spend the money on an 11" Stage 3.

oh...and i also found out i have 11.3:1 compression. that's a lot more than the 10.8:1 that i thought i had...

Last edited:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
k, picture update

Engine.jpg

Oldkmember.jpg

Kmember.jpg

Kmember2.jpg

Aarms.jpg

waiting on motor mounts and the control arm dust covers cause i managed to rip the ones that came with the control arms...yes...both of them... :nonono:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL...looks like your car is in your kitchen!!!
looks like a kitchen floor!
Nice job thoughh, you have a ways to go now.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
badass98svt said:
Nice job thoughh, you have a ways to go now.

hehehehe...i know. previous owners of the house put down a sheet of laminate flooring on that part of the garage. I left it cause it its not as cold as concrete and is pretty easy to clean up spills of oil. Just spray some mean green on it, and wipe it up :)

Tabres said:
What brand k-member is that?

UPR Chromoly. Fitting was a little tight, but manageable. I had to retap two of the nuts on the plate where the kmember bolts to. That plate thing that pops out from the frame (not ones in the fenderwell). Its the plate that is on the car. I guess i accidently crossthreaded it while test fitting the kmember. For reference, its a Metric 12 size. I bought a tap and die set from Harbor Freight on sale for $9.99 and was easy as pie to do.

I still have no idea how to set the offset rack bushings or which way i'm suppose to set them. I can't find anything on them on the UPR website.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
badass98svt said:

my first thought.

I am about to go through the same process, actually updated motor but same differnece, and may hit you up for some info. I didnt realize N2O motors liked so much compression in the modulars

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
Doug said:
I still have no idea how to set the offset rack bushings or which way i'm suppose to set them. I can't find anything on them on the UPR website.

just looking at mine and from memory on my fox, the larger area of the bushing went at the bottom with the hole for the rack further up. Hope that makes sense

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Blown4v said:
just looking at mine and from memory on my fox, the larger area of the bushing went at the bottom with the hole for the rack further up. Hope that makes sense

yeah, that's currently the way i have it set, but i don't have brake assembly on it yet so i can't really test to see if its right.

And yes, nitrous motors do like compression. Some say it will hurt how much nitrous you can actually run on it...but more compression means a LOT more torque on the spray and it is a lot more fun on the motor, also. Furthermore, you wouldn't want to run some huge giant shot on a street car. Mine will be driven a lot during the week during the summer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread