Lottery for 09

Cobra-O

Established Member
Found this on another site. Didn't see it posted here.

To: All Ford Dealers
Subject: EFC0200630DC 2009MY Shelby GT500 & GT500KR Dealer Certification Program

Summary:

We are excited to announce the return of the Shelby GT500 and GT500KR for the 2009 Model Year. Please review this communication for information regarding allocation and enrollment in the 2009MY program.

Allocation:

As a result of the abbreviated Model Year for 2009, production of the GT500 and GT500KR will be limited. Estimated US volumes for the 2009 Shelby GT500 are approximately 3000 units and are approximately 571 units for the 2009MY Shelby GT500KR. As a result, we will be unable to provide allocation to every dealership in the program.

Dealerships must be in compliance with all terms and conditions described in the Ford Sales & Service Agreement in order to be eligible for allocation.

Vehicle allocation plans are detailed below:

2009MY Shelby GT500

Dealerships will earn allocation based on a Share of Nation calculation utilizing 2007MY Mustang sales.

2009MY Shelby GT500KR

Dealerships that sold 2007MY retail Mustangs will be entered in to a random draw lottery, similar to the lottery held for 2008MY Mustang GT500KR allocation.

As a reminder, here are the details of the lottery process:

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2007MY retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact and 1 Select) will earn allocation.
Dealerships will be provided "dealer chips" to be entered into a random draw lottery, with each dealer's chip amount representing the dealerships' share of their respective Region's retail Mustang sales (see example below).
Dealerships in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing
Example:

Region A earns 10% of the Shelby GT500s based on their 2007MY retail sales.
Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's 2007MY retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's Random draw lottery.
Additionally, a few lucky dealers were awarded allocation through the random draw lottery held in Las Vegas at the 2008 One Ford Dealer Show in April.

Dealership Enrollment

Currently enrolled Shelby dealerships will be automatically enrolled for the 2009MY program.

No action is necessary for these dealerships that wish to remain in the 2009MY Shelby GT500 program

An enrollment fee of $750 will be charged to the dealerships parts statement for all dealers who receive allocation. This enrollment fee will be charged after the final allocation for the 2009MY is determined.

For dealerships currently enrolled in the program that wish to cancel their enrollment, please fax in the attached cancellation form by 5/30/08

Training Requirements:

Sales certification will remain a requirement for this program. Both of the Ford Retailer Education & Training exam below must be completed by one or more of the dealer's sales staff.

Mustang (Exam Code – 3300) 30 question test
Shelby GT500 (Exam Code – 3368)* 23 question test

Sales consultants can access these product knowledge tests from their personalized certification planners in STARS2 or from FMC Dealer, by clicking on Training & Recognition, My Training, Online testing and then Product Exams, Test out Exams, and Post tests.

*This test is not required for Ford Retailer Education & Training Sales Certification, but is required for Shelby GT500 & GT500KR allocation.

Cobra-O

Established Member
I am hoping someone is going to chime in and say this is complete BS, made up by someone with too much time on their hands. Can someone confirm this????

ff500

Established Member
I've read that there was going to be roughly 700 kr's for 09 but that number posted is less, and as for the 09 GT500 they always were going to build them, Ford just announced some cutbacks but also the 2010's will be coming out towards the end of 09 so that number is probably right.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
09 production of all mustang will be small relative to previous years because of the abbreviated MY. However, 2010 will be a big year production wise as they are rummored to go on sale Spring '09.

65SC

Established Member
I thought the KR was going to be a rare one year run
guess not

Come on this is Ford, like the GT500 was a 2 year run :nono:

To: All Ford Dealers
Subject: 2009MY Shelby GT500KR

To compliment the one-thousand 2008 40th-Anniversary Edition Shelby GT500KR “King of the Road” Mustangs, Ford and Shelby Automobiles announce that an additional 746 units will be built for the 2009 model year to help meet worldwide demand of the supercar. Of that total, 571 units will be available for U.S. customers thus equaling the 1,571-unit production run of the original Shelby GT500KR. The remainder of the units will be for countries that did not receive 2008 models, including Canada.

Like the 40th-Anniversary limited edition, the 2009 Shelby GT500KR will feature a 540-hp 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short-throw shifter, and unique suspension tuning. Exterior design draws inspiration from the classic Shelby KR Mustangs and features unique carbon composite hood, wheels, and unique striping.

The unique 40th Anniversary badging will only be featured on the 2008 special edition.

The Shelby GT500KR or “King of the Road” Mustang is the fourth limited-edition Mustang that Shelby Automobiles and Ford have brought to market since resuming their collaboration in 2001. It builds on the performance and success of the 500-horsepower Shelby GT500 – the most powerful production Mustang ever.

Delivering the “King of the Road”

The 2008 Shelby GT500KR began production on Carroll Shelby’s 85th birthday on January 11 earlier this year. As production ramps up to launch, enthusiasts can expect to see the first GT500KRs arrive in dealers this spring.

Each Shelby GT500KR begins life as a GT500, built at AutoAlliance International Inc., in Flat Rock, Mich. From there, the cars are shipped to the Shelby Automobile facility in Las Vegas, where a Ford Racing Performance Pack, exhaust system and short-throw shifter are installed. The GT500KR also is fitted with unique body, chassis and interior components. Every GT500KR will be hand customized and delivered to each customer in an enclosed transporter, just like the legendary Ford GT.

The strong demand for the new Shelby GT500KR was recently demonstrated at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona where a one-of-a-kind version built with a glass-roof was auctioned off for charity. The GT500KR sold with a winning bid of $550,000, which went toward helping the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread