Lotus Elise?

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
OK, the neighbor just rolled up with a brand new orange lotus elise. I know he'll be talking smack...can I take him? I know nothing about those cars.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I bet you could.
There was a guy with an 01 at our shop and it didn't impress me at all. Exotic yes but I'll take my pullied Cobra and shove that exotic up his ass... :burnout:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Well, I know it was nearly 50G's....Road and Track says it will run the 1/4 in 13.4. Only 190hp (Toyota motor) but weighs less than 2000 lbs. I wonder how easily these things can be modded?

Chameleon

Established Member
Accordingly to the Lotus website the are 0-60 in 4.7 and the quarter in 13.4. You should be able to take him in the quarter.

A road course may be a different story though. They are incredibly light cars (less than 2,000 lbs). I'll bet it would be a blast to do a track event in an new Elise.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The road course is where these cars shine. They have the Celica GTS motor in them, and they run good times because of weight, but they run out of steam up top real fast. I could see these cutting 1.6 60 ft times really easy on stock trim and tires. But they just do not have the ponies to pull them down the road like the cobra does. If you can (just for insurance) go from a roll. It will be all you if you can drive. :)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I liked them really well, but after standing next to one...It looks like it is no a complete car. And I was not as impressed as I thought I would be by it.

vipergts281

Established Member
VENOMOUS 10TH said:
I bet you could.
There was a guy with an 01 at our shop and it didn't impress me at all. Exotic yes but I'll take my pullied Cobra and shove that exotic up his ass... :burnout:
That was an Espirit if it was an 01. The Elises just came out.

OrigTXCobra- On the highway or at a street light, I am willing to bet you will beat him easily. Now if you two were to go to a road course, it would be a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread