Lotus F1 dumps Renault for Merc AMG power units

chao5.0

Established Member
there was talks of McLaren switching to Honda before the years out and using 1 race as a test bed for next year.

chao5.0

Established Member
Honda and McLaren have been saying different things about Abu Dhabi.

there is also rumors that Honda is going to have a lot more pull with McLaren than a lot of people think, so I would pay attention to what Honda is doing and saying. I wouldn't be surprised to see Honda power in Abu Dhabi or possibly Brazil, also expecting to hear about the driver line up for McLaren soon as well.

steeltoe

Established Member
there is also rumors that Honda is going to have a lot more pull with McLaren than a lot of people think, so I would pay attention to what Honda is doing and saying. I wouldn't be surprised to see Honda power in Abu Dhabi or possibly Brazil, also expecting to hear about the driver line up for McLaren soon as well.

Then we won't see the Honda powerunit on track this year. They keep saying it's not ready for a competitive setting yet. McLaren what's it on track at Abu Dhabi.

chao5.0

Established Member
Then we won't see the Honda powerunit on track this year. They keep saying it's not ready for a competitive setting yet. McLaren what's it on track at Abu Dhabi.

I don't see how they will be able to do it without incurring a penalty from the FIA, you are not allowed to change manufacturers during the year, they put a freeze on things like that this year for the power unit. if Honda does make an appearance in Abu Dhabi then don't expect McLaren to be in the top half of the field if its true that the power units aren't ready, they could use it as a test for aero work to the car to make that power unit work.

Users who are viewing this thread