Loudest/Meanest exhaust combo out there

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Originally posted by cobraracer46
The Ford Racing M55 99-04 Cobra cat back system is very loud from what I hear. The M55 might be the way to go if you want the higher pitched sound instead of the lower tone systems like the stinger that sound more like a UPS truck than a high end sports car. My Cobra currently has long tubes teamed up with a off road for racing only x pipe, stock mufflers and at wide open throttle it sounds more like a Ferrari than a muscle car. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to install the M55 kit. On a side note: If people post and only say "use the search button" how about bring some new information to the table instead of trying to be a message board cop or uping your post count:loser:

I've got the M55 installed with the stock H, its basically straight pipes with a muffler canister welded on for looks, but its not high pitched, this thing is deep, it sounds like thunder when you engine break. :rockon:

Its not that loud, I can only set off a couple of the car alarms in my parking garage now and I used to be able to set them all off with my GT.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Magnaflow catted x-pipe and magnaflow magnapacks. Louder if you go with an off road mid pipe.

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer
contact "Mystangs" on this board... he's got something you would like... just about the loudest thing next to having headders right out of the hood!!

I am running a Mac O/r H-pipe and Borla Stingers. It is pretty loud and mean sounding at WOT at idle it is pretty tame.

Pyro

Established Member
I've got you all beat!!!

Electronic cut-outs mounted after the cats and right before the flowmasters. Cant get much louder than that. The best part is, when a cop comes up, you just flick the switch and it's quiet again.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
I had that FRPP 3" catback with a bbk catted x-pipe and frpp headers on my '99 and it was the loudest catted car I have ever heard. It had a snarling sound to it that most car guys loved and all the old ladies in my neighborhood hated.

Best thing about it is that it is all stainless and cheap. The stingers aren't cheap and the MAC stuff is not quite as nice in my opinion.

I have a QMP 3"exhaust from the stock headers back, and it is nowhere as loud as the exhaust from my '99. I miss that exhaust, but my wife doesnt.

Blakester

Established Member
Thanks guys- you know we all want the meanest sounding cobra around haha. Cant wait till i make up my mind so i can have my rumble!

stang2wrx- I pm'd you about that video

Eatonup

Established Member
The loudest and meanest that I've heard on any 03 would have to be the SLP Catted X and Catback. It's one loud and mean Muther! :eek:

drohan8592

Established Member
I'VE GOT BBK LONGTUBES AND OFF ROAD X WITH FLOWMASTER AMERICAN THUNDER. IT'S THE MEANEST SOUNDING TERNINATOR IN SOCAL !!!

MY 03 L

Established Member
I got mac 3'' with prochamber.. i cant really get on it in town... wayyyyy too loud for normal driving. My GF can hear me coming from 3 blocks away. Not sure what im going to do about it.. :thumbsup:

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by drohan8592
I'VE GOT BBK LONGTUBES AND OFF ROAD X WITH FLOWMASTER AMERICAN THUNDER. IT'S THE MEANEST SOUNDING TERNINATOR IN SOCAL !!!

That's because I moved to Reno, NV:p

Users who are viewing this thread