Loudest snd Best Muffler on a Cobra

1993 Mustang

Established Member
Any feedback on what will be the the best and loudest muffler on the Cobra's. Now obviously if you have the catalytic system setup the sound is tone down a bit. But, can we make it up with a loud muffler to get cars out of the way when going the street.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i have always been a fan of the mac sound, especially when most 5.0's have some sort of flow on them. the mac sound is bad ass and unique when coupled with the pro chamber. just my .02

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
slp loudmouth or 1 chamber flows

agreed
i had slp lm1s with OR X and it was damn nasty, too much rasp though
so i went to kooks x (LT headers to match) and cherry bomb extreme mufflers (q chamber like flows) and its a much more tone/loud sound

1slohawk

Established Member
I run Flowmaster 1 chambers with turn downs on my car its pretty loud but nothing to bad driving around normal its pretty quiet, but when I'm on it you can defintly hear the car. A friend of mine runs slp loudmouth mufflers with turn downs the car is noticeably louder at idle then mine, driving around normal isn't bad at all it quiets down. When he is on it you can probably hear it from a mile away though.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The Magnaflow MAGNA-PAK is super loud with an O/R Xpipe and it has a raspy sound....way too loud for me.

I bought a mustang with this set up on it and on the trip home my buddy that I was folllowing back could hear the car at just a 70 mph cruising speed. He said that when he got behind and started following several car lengths back that it was still very loud. I even drowned out a Harley M/C exhaust at cruising.

1993 Mustang

Established Member
The 1 chamber flowmasters are an odd shaped muffler with both ends directly opposite each other. I guess custom piping is recommended.

1slohawk

Established Member
The 1 chamber flowmasters are an odd shaped muffler with both ends directly opposite each other. I guess custom piping is recommended.

if you want to run tailpipes with them you would need to get them custom made. the mufflers total length is probably 10" not to mention like you said neither the inlet or outlet are off set. Another option you might want to look into are spintech mufflers. I believe there louder version is called the prostreet muffler. they sell them with offsets and you can run them with a stock type tailpipe.

Users who are viewing this thread