loudmouth

whiteonblackL

Established Member
so i searched, found some helpful info, but not what i was looking for.

Loudmouth 1 & loud mouth 2.
1=loud as hell seems like you love it or hate it?

2= i havent found much info on it.

i like how the loudmouth 1 sounds ive heard acouple around that have them on them. are the mufflers to much different? i cant seem to just buy the loudmouth 1 mufflers? but yet i can find the loudmouth 2 mufflers? thats what confused me, are they the same or different?:bash: i feel like an idiot for asking, but i never found what i was looking for

whiteonblackL

Established Member
ohh btw not for my lightning, im picking up a cobra at the beginning of next week, so im just kind of getting an idea of what to do.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I had the loudmouth II for about 3 years and absolutely loved it. Not too much noise, and very clean sounding.

But like anything with cars I wanted more, so now I have the LM I and I love it all over again!! Definitely louder, but still the same sound.

Edit - yes the mufflers ARE the difference. They look the same from the outside, except I believe the LM II has 'SLP' stamped into it whereas my LM I doesn't. The difference is inside the muffler.

:beer:

Last edited:

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Thank you sir. exactly what i was lookin for. do you know if i could just buy the mufflers for them?

Yes, you can by the mufflers seperate. However, you would be better off getting the complete lm 1 catback system because its 2 1/2 inches compared to the very restrictive stock 1 7/8's. Not to mention the tips are a lot nicer looking.

Edit - yes the mufflers ARE the difference. They look the same from the outside, except I believe the LM II has 'SLP' stamped into it whereas my LM I doesn't. The difference is inside the muffler.

I bought my lm1 system in 05 and it does have the SLP logo stamped in it. Maybe they stopped doing it.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I have lm1s and i love them. I've heard that lm2s are not as loud but have a deeper tone to them. Very similar to magnapacks. The rule of thumb most people go by is that lm1s sound good with a catted x, with offroad x they sound way to loud. And lm2s sound really good with an offroad xpipe. Hope that helps. Heres a clip of my 2v with longtubes catted x and lm1s. I also have a center exit exhaust setup which did change the sound a little, but you get the idea [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156XZ4_mMS8&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Short clip of center exhaust on KB GT[/ame]

whiteonblackL

Established Member
Yes, you can by the mufflers seperate. However, you would be better off getting the complete lm 1 catback system because its 2 1/2 inches compared to the very restrictive stock 1 7/8's. Not to mention the tips are a lot nicer looking.

I bought my lm1 system in 05 and it does have the SLP logo stamped in it. Maybe they stopped doing it.

i already have an offroadX with a magnaflow catback, it isnt raspy enough for me. i like loud as hell and raspy

I have lm1s and i love them. I've heard that lm2s are not as loud but have a deeper tone to them. Very similar to magnapacks. The rule of thumb most people go by is that lm1s sound good with a catted x, with offroad x they sound way to loud. And lm2s sound really good with an offroad xpipe. Hope that helps. Heres a clip of my 2v with longtubes catted x and lm1s. I also have a center exit exhaust setup which did change the sound a little, but you get the idea YouTube - Short clip of center exhaust on KB GT

i like it.:rockon: sounds pretty good

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
You can buy lm1 and lm2 for $160 I think at rpm outlet .Com I got lm1 and u can wake the dead LOL I just got my slp 1 3/4 LT's I can't wait to hear it now

1BADSNK

Established Member
Anyone run a slp cat-back with a slp catted x pipe. I have the cat back & am wondering if it will help make it alittle louder with an slp catted x pipe. I dont want to be to loud with an off road cat.

whiteonblackL

Established Member
You can buy lm1 and lm2 for $160 I think at rpm outlet .Com I got lm1 and u can wake the dead LOL I just got my slp 1 3/4 LT's I can't wait to hear it now

thats the sound im lookin for, i like loud exhaust. im use to driving the lightning, and the exhaust coming out the side, my cobra doesnt seem nearly as loud?

i dont want LT's, pain in my ass.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
SLP LM1, Catted H, Kooks long tubes

Just a quick idle exhaust clip I made for someone a while ago:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0rpDjMJmnQ"]YouTube - 04 Cobra Driving[/ame]

Last edited:

Boosted0range

Established Member
yea im a huge fan of the slp lm1's...had em on my 95 gt, and was the first thing for my 04...i bought the car with bassani x and cat back...i just bought the single loud mouth 1's and replaced the bassani mufflers with the loudmouth resonators....perfect fit...o yea and no cats FTW...Neighbors hate you but its well worth it trust me

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
NOODLES my exhaust was on your car for three years? Damn I thought it was like a month old ;) . I have a vid of my car with stock H pipe and LM2 catback only if anyone wants to get an idea of what they sound like. Mellow but sounds sweet at WOT.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
NOODLES my exhaust was on your car for three years? Damn I thought it was like a month old ;) . I have a vid of my car with stock H pipe and LM2 catback only if anyone wants to get an idea of what they sound like. Mellow but sounds sweet at WOT.

I take care of my stuff. :beer:

11K miles, 1 time in the rain, no snow, and washed religiuosly. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread