Louvers legal? (VA)

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
I was just wondering if anyone knew it louvers are legal or not in VA
i have this teacher who does state inspections and said they are legal as long as you have side mirrors. i just wanted to make sure because i know VA has really strict tint laws.

thanks all

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
As far as I know they are legal there were thousands of them in NOVA when I lived there. If your teacher does state inspections he would certainly know.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i would assume it might be better for you to see if you can't speak with a police officer and ask him or her about it. I know here in TX our rear windows can be blacked out as long as we have side mirrors. so with that said, i would venture to guess it's find for us to have them as long as they're secured and not going to go flying off.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
i would assume it might be better for you to see if you can't speak with a police officer and ask him or her about it. I know here in TX our rear windows can be blacked out as long as we have side mirrors. so with that said, i would venture to guess it's find for us to have them as long as they're secured and not going to go flying off.

thanks guys:beer:

FBCBEER

Established Member
on a convertible, could I potentially get 2.5% tint on the rear window and the backseat windows and then the legal 50% on the front and be legal then?

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Va is 50 up front and 35 behind the driver. Exceptions would be work vans (things like that) that you cannot see out of from behind, but have large enough mirrors to compensate for.

Users who are viewing this thread