LOVE! my FR-500

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
well I installed my FR-500 today and I have to say that I am VERY SATISFIED!

Its everything that I wanted. If you cant tell a difference then you must be dead or have something clogging yours...

It took me about 45min to change by myself.

I like the way it fit, the way it sounds and the way it looks (stock)... I also like the way the car breathes with it... It revs quicker and also decellerates quicker...

No it doesnt sound like your driving a big block...

It sounds like your driving a blown 281...

What motor do we have again? Oh yeah a blown 281...

Hmmm

Anyway it is louder, just ask the lady across the street...

Do I sound like I have no muffler or like a kid with a 5.0 and a glass pack? No

So much for taste...

Anyway when I talked to SVT... Remember when we used to call and bug them every day? They said that basically that's what they expected everybody to put on when they designed the car... lol

Anyway, Happy motoring to all and to all a good night...

PS. Watch for my upcomming post on my receiver hitch style front licence plate mount...
to be completed and photgraphed on Sunday night...

- Visualize Whirled Peas...

:burnout:

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
Glad to hear you like it. I'm interested in your front lisence plate mount. :beer:

anteros511

Established Member
Your positive posting about the FR-500 sounds promissing, right now I'm on the fence about which exhaust to put on my 03. I've read about both negatives and positives, and I enjoyed your post. Please post dyno results if/when you do a run.

CWCobra

Established Member
VintagePorsche:
Glad you like your FR-500. It's a quality piece, no doubt.

I didn't care for mine, so it's for sale. Like new, in box, only 7 days and 400 miles on it. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

Later,
CW

Cobra'03

Established Member
I gave up when my second one arrived all beat up and with a bent tip - Ford's packing is absolute trash. I told GEFracing that is they opened one and it was in good shape, and they put 1 $1 of bubble wrap here and there and sent it on to me, I would go through with the purchase. They did not, so I asked for a refund.

I am going with MagnaFlow or the full Bassani when it arrives.

Glad it worked out for you.

CWCobra

Established Member
BTW...don't know if I'm allowed to say this on the forum or not, but I paid $599 plus freight for my FR-500. I'll sell it for $575 plus freight. it's perfect. 7 days and 400 miles of service. Like new in box. Send PM if interested.
Later,
CW

ps
My apologies if my post is out of order here.

B

blown03cobra

at what RPSm's do you notice the "flap" opening up with your exhaust???

CWCobra

Established Member
I did not notice any change from the "flap"... neither in sound, nor in performance, at any rpm level. I know my flap opens...I poked at it with a yard stick. I personally think it's just a gimmick to sell the pipe. But to those who like the piece: I respect your impressions. It's just not for me, that's all. Anyone who buys one should do so with their eyes open. Caveat emptor.
Peace,
CW

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Vintage, glad to hear you're happy with the new exhaust. I would like to hear it next time I'm in Cincy. I was there last week but only in and out for a meeting. I will send you an email the next time I'm scheduled to be in Cincy. Your Silver Vert and my Mineral Gray would make a good sight side by side. Have you done an airfilter yet. I have always bought K&N's but the new Holley piece sounds interesting.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
OH3,

Please do then we could compare side by side sounds of stock vs. FR-500, I will see if I can locate a sound recorder MP3 to borrow and we can do it right at Cinergy's Employee Lot...

VPG.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread