Love the Redline hood struts!

grobertx

Established Member
Installed my paint matched hood struts and oil separator from JLT today. I really like the way the hood opens, holds open and closes! If your on the fence about this mod I highly recommend it!:thumbsup:

IMG_5055.jpg

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Did you get the elite or base struts? Is there any difference between the two other than SS and warranty?

Wife is looking for ideas for VDay gifts lol.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I was watching the install videos for them today. I like them a lot. I am surprised these cars don't come stock with hood struts. Who uses the hood prop on a 60000 car these days.

bpmurr

Established Member
I was watching the install videos for them today. I like them a lot. I am surprised these cars don't come stock with hood struts. Who uses the hood prop on a 60000 car these days.

Nissan

sstp_0909_06_z%2B2009_nissan_gtr%2Bengine_bay.jpg

ThomasL

Established Member
This is my next purchase. Hate going to events to show off this beast of an engine and having a stinking hood prop in the way!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
The Elite are stainless. I would think all of the painted units are the base struts since you wouldn't want to paint the stainless struts.

Great Mod!

Tom

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I really like the way the hood opens, holds open and closes! If your on the fence about this mod I highly recommend it!:thumbsup:
+1. I run Redline QuickLIFT Plus on the Shelby (they match the car's black color and it's a fair weather vehicle) and QuickLIFT Elites on my Toyota Tacoma (they match the truck's silver color and it's a foul weather vehicle). I'm very happy with BOTH! :thumbsup:

tw0scoops

Established Member

svt93cobrablack

Established Member
It was my first modification I did to my 2014, then jlt air oil separators, bmr lower control arms, nitto nt05r drag radials, all with 9.4 miles and 0 degrees outside and I haven't even driven it yet! Come on spring!

14 Ruby Red 820a coupe
93 SVT Cobra #4171
93 GT convertible

Last edited:

tw0scoops

Established Member
haha...... Is the hood prop that big of a pain?

I think it's that the more expensive cars come with more creature comforts. Prop rods seems cheap.

Although I could see the argument there is minor weight savings for the prop rod. Plus the reason why the mustang is a 60k car is decisions to cheap out certain things. Of course they could have had more carbon fiber parts/framing, carbon breaks etc, but then we'd be looking at a much more expensive mustang. But I'm getting away fromthe topic which is the awesome redline struts....mine are sitting the basement cuz it's too freaking cold out to go install em. Need some warm weather!

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I don't have a Shelby, but have had Redlines on my 03 for 5 years. Been having a issue with one of the clips popping off the ball on the bottom. I emailed Redline about this yesterday and they're sending me all new sockets and clips free of charge. Very stand up company IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread