Low boost live on stock bottom end 2014 GT

2snakes

Established Member
2014 GT 6 speed 331 Gear.. Would like to have a Paxton or Vortech for a daily driver.. What is the lowest boost I could get ?? Just wondering if I can use the stock bottom end with out having any problems What else would I need ?? BAP ? Driveshaft ? Thanks for the replies

Vert

Established Member
I think around 6psi and if you keep the boost that low a bap and DS are not needed. You can do a bap for piece of mind if you prefer.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
You can adjust it as low as you want with a wastegate setup.
Idk what you are looking for info wise.
On real low boost you can even use 47lb injectors and a Bap on pump gas
What fuel do you want to run?

Plenty of 600rwhp guys on stock motors for long periods of time.

twistedneck

Established Member
If you go e85 and never get detonation people are doing 650HP on E85 w/o the risk of too much damage from detonation. Realistically going 7lbs on E85 would be safe and fast. a couple guys have destroyed engines even on E85 w 9lbs by just working it to hard. It doesn't always take detonation to fail a rod or piston.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Stock pulley from any kit should be fine for a daily driver. A good tune & conservative timing with pump gas is the key. I wouldn't run a BAP on a DD, I don't trust running the higher voltage all the time. Losing 30% of your fuel mileage would probably make E85 a no go on a daily as well... 585ish rwhp on 93 would live a long time for DD on 47lb injectors without a BAP. 8 or 9 psi is fine. You'll only see that amount of boost for a short duration on the very top end anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread