Low numbers high performance???

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
OK my car used to make whats in my sig at the verry bottom 456 rwhp 484 rwtq ... then i went back to the dyno for the hell of it and it made 90 rwtq and 50 rwhp less ???? so i went through this huge catastrophy ... checking inside and out ... throwing money at my car diagnosing it FINDING ABSOLUTLY NOTHING WRONG ..no codes .... everything i checked was within spec... i made a post about it in the terminator section a couple weeks ago ... (i thought i had a misfire but its only when im at idle and i hold the throttle at 1700 rpms or so you hear a miss hear and there ... but my friends says that cause i have verry little backpressure not being in load ... under load it sounds fine )... so this whole time i didnt even try to go wide open cause i didnt want to hurt it .... . anywho 2 days ago i saif F*(& it and romped it and it felt great??? WTF if i was down on that much power i would feel it For SUre anywho last night i raced 2 friends of mine with pullied cobras ... same mods and my car pulled on them ??? 2nd gear roll and third gear roll .. had anyone ever experiences anything simillar?? If i had to guess te dyno was twacked off?? and it was all in my head?? im just upset that the dyno and my tuner had me believe i had this huge phantom problem and my car seems to run great

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
was it on a mustang dyno that you went to this last time, and a dynojet on the initial tune?? because mustand dyno's read 10% or more less than a dynojet because the car is under load when the pull takes place..

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
I was on a Dyno Dynamics dyno .. both pulls , in fact my car has only hit those rollers ... its never been on another dyno ... its had prally hit that dyno 15 times between this set up and my old whipple set up

mustang john

Established Member
Track numbers will tell the tale, dyno numbers are pretty much useless except for looking good on dyno sheets. How many of the fastest Cobra on this site have posted how they dyno low but in reality run great. Just my .02

VITO@SP

Established Member
if the roller weight was diff on the second pull that could make the diff that u are seeing

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
I am not into the numbers for the brag... i know its a tuning tool.. what it does down the road on track is what i look for BUT ... when you see a significant difference for the worse on the same rollers you hit before it kinda makes you worry that something is really wrong .. i went through everything on this car and everything is to spec and running well .. iv done a zillion tests... the things runs hard on the pavement so im happy but has anybody had crayz things happen on the rollers that had gotten them all wrilled up like ne ,, i guess thats what im asking .

mustang john

Established Member
I am not into the numbers for the brag... i know its a tuning tool.. what it does down the road on track is what i look for BUT ... when you see a significant difference for the worse on the same rollers you hit before it kinda makes you worry that something is really wrong .. i went through everything on this car and everything is to spec and running well .. iv done a zillion tests... the things runs hard on the pavement so im happy but has anybody had crayz things happen on the rollers that had gotten them all wrilled up like ne ,, i guess thats what im asking .

If your trap speeds in the 1/4 havent dropped then your power hasnt dropped, its that simple. When i hurt the piston in my car and the compression went down my trap speeds went from 124-126 down to 119 thats all i needed to know there was a problem.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Dyno Dynamics are very finicky. If all the parameters weren't set up exactly the same it will read different. If was strapped down different it will also read different. That is what mine gets tuned on and I've had the very same thing happen. I'm sure nothing is wrong with your car since you had no trouble walking on your buddies.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Dyno Dynamics are very finicky. If all the parameters weren't set up exactly the same it will read different. If was strapped down different it will also read different. That is what mine gets tuned on and I've had the very same thing happen. I'm sure nothing is wrong with your car since you had no trouble walking on your buddies.

Your right ... the power curvs were smooth too on the graph so it probably has a different load setting and strap tension ect ...

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member

What happened to you when this happened?? i mean in detail .. just curious what your situation was

Users who are viewing this thread