Low Oil Level...Low Coolant???

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
Noticed I am running low on coolant since my blower removal from when I got it ported....

Then I checked oil level and it is closer to the min mark when warm. I have 3000km (about 2700miles) and have not done an oil change yet.

Anything I need to worry about or check?

Also, how many QT's of Oil does this thing take?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Engine coolant or intercooler coolant?

You shouldn't have lost any oil because of the blower swap. . .but our cars take 6qts.

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
Engine Coolant. I am sure oil level is fine and not to low because of how hard i beat on it it probally burns a good amount of oil.

just curious about the coolant. Is it 100% 6qts or is it like 6.5 or something

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Well, you will get 1,000 different opinions on that, but I would put in 6qts and be done with it. Some people say 6.5, a few say 7, some say our dipsticks are off. . the list goes on and on.

But basically, you don't want to overfill it, and you don't want to under-fill it. If you put in 6qts it puts the oil right in the middle of the min and max section on the dipstick. . . so I think thats perfect.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by Young_Stallion
I have 3000km (about 2700miles) and have not done an oil change yet.

Anything I need to worry about or check?

Also, how many QT's of Oil does this thing take?

---------->"Anything I need to worry about or check?"
YES.... Get that stuff out of there! 1st oil change has a ton of metal in it, from machining and part surfaces mating... rings seating etc..... The Oil hasn't broken down..... It's just full of metal,.... Filter may have even gone over to bypass mode.... It's time.

"Also, how many QT's of Oil does this thing take?"

Just six....

Much variation from car to car in stick length, and possibly tube penetration as well.... I'm going to trim my tube with a tubing cutter next oil change so it reads toward the top of the full zone w/ six Qts...
On the coolant thing.... I'm assuming you are talking about inter cooler coolant(blower removal)...... You might have burped out a stubborn air pocket..... Pump only runs when temp of coolant gets past a certain point..... Tough to fill without driving it to get it warm(in the boost)... otherwise air stays trapped.

Jimmy:thumbsup:

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
Re: Re: Low Oil Level...Low Coolant???

Originally posted by Jimmysidecarr
---------->"Anything I need to worry about or check?"
YES.... Get that stuff out of there! 1st oil change has a ton of metal in it, from machining and part surfaces mating... rings seating etc..... The Oil hasn't broken down..... It's just full of metal,.... Filter may have even gone over to bypass mode.... It's time.

"Also, how many QT's of Oil does this thing take?"

Just six....

Much variation from car to car in stick length, and possibly tube penetration as well.... I'm going to trim my tube with a tubing cutter next oil change so it reads toward the top of the full zone w/ six Qts...
On the coolant thing.... I'm assuming you are talking about inter cooler coolant(blower removal)...... You might have burped out a stubborn air pocket..... Pump only runs when temp of coolant gets past a certain point..... Tough to fill without driving it to get it warm(in the boost)... otherwise air stays trapped.

Jimmy:thumbsup:

LOL, I know what coolant is what and it is not the intercooler coolant.

Not trying to sound like a dick...i appreciate your advice.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Low Oil Level...Low Coolant???

Originally posted by Young_Stallion
LOL, I know what coolant is what and it is not the intercooler coolant.

Not trying to sound like a dick...i appreciate your advice.

OK........ Why do ..... you..... think the coolant is low???
You didn't say which... and I was not aware rad coolant needed to be drained and refilled for a blower change out..... Does it?

Maybe try some coolant leak dye(black lite/UV) to see if it's leaking under drive conditions but not parked conditions(no visible puddles or tracking) Tension spring hose clamps on rad hoses(OE) have been known to weep when temps and pressures build...

If no leak evidence found it could be a bad factory fill...."factory air".....numerous occurances of boil overs and "push outs" just from bad fills.

good luck!
Jimmy:shrug:

Last edited:

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
I have no clue why it is low..thats why I am asking. Maybe when I tried to burp the system after blower install (had to because of a leaking issue) I did not do it properly, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread