Low oil light on start up

CoastieStang

Established Member
I have been looking online for answers but haven't found anything. I just bought an 09 gtcs and it still has the dealership oil in it( haven't changed the oil myself only had it four weeks). The temp dropped and on the first start of the day, the low oil light comes on. I have to shut it off and restart it. Has this happened to anyone else? It is my first s197 so I don't know if its normal. Oil level is full and oil is in good clean appearance. I believe its just a sticky oil sender because there is no noise or signs of a oil starved engine. It only does this on the first start of the day and indicates fine throughout the rest of the day. I think it maybe the cold weather because that is the only change since I bought the mustang. Thanks for you help in advance.

dimitrik8890

Established Member
My thoughts, I don't know if it can get cold enough in Texas to affect cold start oil pressure. You mentioned it still had dealership oil in it, does this mean you recently purchased it from a dealer? Any warranty left? They should be able to help you out.

CoastieStang

Established Member
Yes it has the motorcraft bulk oil from the ford dealer. I don't have warranty on it since it was as is. I was wondering if this happened with 5w-20 oil? I ran 5w-30 in my 2v and never had this issue. I'm going to check the sending unit later just wanted to see if this was experienced by others before.

Users who are viewing this thread