Low RPM (1500 to 1900) Surge/Misfire Finally Fixed!

SVT4ME

Established Member
Wow sounds like its a good thing to do every so often. Over two years with my car so time to do so minor cleaning.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Please re-make this a sticky. I've had to post a half dozen times about this issue. :thumbsup:

ralphy1798

Established Member
I have a surge at idle and VERY low RPMs, like 600-1200 RPMs... same problem???

I am going to try it, just wondering if anyone solved MY probelm with this easy fix???

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
ralphy1798 said:

I am going to try it, just wondering if anyone solved MY probelm with this easy fix???

It should. Let us knowhow it works out.

Dominick32

BANNED
ralphy1798 said:

Is it under part throttle cruising conditions at low RPM? Or just an idle surge? Where is it more apparent?

Dom

ralphy1798

Established Member
It is much more apparent at idle.

I tried changing the plugs to NGK TR6s. And its only sometimes. I has nothing to do with being cold or warm.

The only thing that is consistent is it is WORSE when i turn all of the AC and Vents stuff to OFF. When i turn the defroster or AC on, it pretty much goes away!!!

Any ideas?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
ralphy1798 said:
It is much more apparent at idle.

I tried changing the plugs to NGK TR6s. And its only sometimes. I has nothing to do with being cold or warm.

The only thing that is consistent is it is WORSE when i turn all of the AC and Vents stuff to OFF. When i turn the defroster or AC on, it pretty much goes away!!!

Any ideas?

Try cleaning it. It takes ten mins, its very easy, only costs a few bucks for the correct spray, I say give it a shot. It has, so far, fixed about 95% of the cars that have tried it.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Dom and mike... Fixed my surge.. omg.. finally it got really bad.. bucking hard.. now gone@!!!!

blah

Marc

Dominick32

BANNED
AWESOME BRO!!!!!!!

OMG, Why isnt this thread a sticky? lol
Everyday I get tons of people asking me the same thing:

"Where did that thread go about cleaning the MAF?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Dom i wish i had ur number to call and thank you man.. my surge got ugly!! and now gone completely.. holy hell im soo stooked...!!

Marc

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
combatstang said:
Dom and mike... Fixed my surge.. omg.. finally it got really bad.. bucking hard.. now gone@!!!!

blah

Marc

LOL awesome dude!! Its all about helping eachother out! Im glad it helped, and im glad that Dom could make it so everyone can view this article. Its really helping a lot of people. Big props to Dom!

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also posted this in the "how to" section of this forum.

Dominick32

BANNED
mike79 said:
LOL awesome dude!! Its all about helping eachother out! Im glad it helped, and im glad that Dom could make it so everyone can view this article. Its really helping a lot of people. Big props to Dom!
PLEASE THANK MIKE79, THE MAN WHO FOUND THIS SOLUTION!!!!!!

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
I'll be trying this tonight. Mine was fine stock, but now that I've had the S&B filter on for a while, it's bucking at low RPMs, and the idle isn't very smooth.

fjules

Established Member
I have the stumble tried the MAF clean twice with no luck. I think I did track down the problem:
Custom tune = Stumble
Predator stock pulley tune = Stumble
Factory tune = No Stumble!!!
I am running a 2.8, ported blower, CAI and catback. I think I need to find a GOOD tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread