low RWHP #'s

hemified86

Established Member
Ok guy's here it is. 03 cobra. With accufab single blade and steggy stage 5 blower and 2.76 pulley. Also off road x-pipe and flowmasters. KN air intake. K.B boost a pump. Sct x3 tuner on a 91 oct. tune. The car made 460 rwhp and 455 rwtq on a Dyno jet. 70degrees outside. R these #'s low. Thought I would be in the 500 range.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
those are reached without a port for a lot of ppl .. they seem to be low

91 octane doesnt help tho .. what is the max advanced timing set at in the tune?

stangaholic280

Established Member
Not with that setup; you won't make 500. Add a lower and you could probably hit it.

Mine made 502/522 with the mods listed below. 22* of timing and 11.8 A/F ratio.

Last edited:

joesfiddy

Established Member
i almost have that much hp and more torque with just 2.93 pulley,tune and borla stingers
454 rwhp 471 rwtq something not right

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i almost have that much hp and more torque with just 2.93 pulley,tune and borla stingers
454 rwhp 471 rwtq something not right

exactly ... i think with 91 octane your, OP, tuner may have been very easy on the timing:??:

hemified86

Established Member
Also I have stock injectors and not sure what my timing is at. I'll have to look it up. My air\fuel ratio is about 12 to 12.3. I do not have my Mafia intalled since im not pegging. So you guys think it might be the 91tune. Is there that much of a difference between a 91 and 93 tune.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Also I have stock injectors and not sure what my timing is at. I'll have to look it up. My air\fuel ratio is about 12 to 12.3. I do not have my Mafia intalled since im not pegging. So you guys think it might be the 91tune. Is there that much of a difference between a 91 and 93 tune.

you can run more timing with 93 vs 91 .. id have my a/f dropped just a hair if it were me

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Ok guy's here it is. 03 cobra. With accufab single blade and steggy stage 5 blower and 2.76 pulley. Also off road x-pipe and flowmasters. KN air intake. K.B boost a pump. Sct x3 tuner on a 91 oct. tune. The car made 460 rwhp and 455 rwtq on a Dyno jet. 70degrees outside. R these #'s low. Thought I would be in the 500 range.

Need a lot more information if anywhere here is going to be able to help you. Graph would be helpful. Tuning parameters: advance timing and Air/Fuel. Who is your tuner?

Canada96mystic

Established Member
What colour is your car? I might have seen you in regina before. I just bought a 03 DSG, might have to meet up sometime. If your tuning at P+ in s'toon my 96 cobra seemed low on #'s when i had it done, possibly a tight dyno. If your A/F is in the 12's i'd have it lowered (richened) some. Would be safer in the mid to low 11's. The real "dyno" is the track, et+mph don't lie.

Canada96mystic

Established Member
What colour is your car? I might have seen you in regina before. I just bought a 03 DSG, might have to meet up sometime. If your tuning at P+ in s'toon my 96 cobra seemed low on #'s when i had it done, possibly a tight dyno. If your A/F is in the 12's i'd have it lowered (richened) some. Would be safer in the mid to low 11's. The real "dyno" is the track, et+mph don't lie.

hemified86

Established Member
Well the tune came from the mustang shop in Calgary. But it was before the ported eaton and single blade accufab. The mustang shop could not fit me in this long weekend. So I did go to perf.+. Hoping to give the guys in Calgary the graphs and my aftermarkets and they can help me out. They said they have never tuned a port job. Only K.B and Whipple's

hemified86

Established Member
Also the car is performing well on the street right with the 427in z06. They are a little faster but not by much. Destroying the srt8's and camaro ss. But maybe that's the drag radials doing the talking????

mustangal

Established Member
Its the 91 thats killing you....im running 91 and i really wanted a safe tune..safe summer winter...and even for all gas types. My tuner tells me that the gas changes all year long ...and honestly i would rather have a safe car tuen than a few horses and risk damag to the motor. Thes cars do NOT have knock sensors and if you get a bad tank of gas you could risk damaging your motor. My max timing was 18* and i am running almost EXACT setup steggy 5 ,2.76, exhaust ext...and i spun 475rwhp..i could have gone up to 20 and made just about 500 but would rather have my motor last me a while than risk it over 20hp. Thats just my logic. 91 sucks!!!! I feel your pain bro.

Users who are viewing this thread