Low Tone Beep

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
I noticed about a year ago that my Air Bag Light was blinking in the dash of my '93 Cobra. I figured no big deal because I guess I actually rely on my seat belt (old school) so I ignore it. Hard to notice anyways.

The other day I started hearing a low tone beep (kinda loud actually) in the cockpit, about as fast a a regular blinker click. It would only do it for a few minutes then when I got going down the road it would stop. Well, I drove it today to work and it beeped almost the whole way...

Any ideas what is causing the beep? I have owned this car since it was new and I have never heard this before. Might be airbag related maybe?

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
yeah if its beeping then usually the airbag light circuit it bad, probablly the bulb burned out. but the tones should be beeping the codes, as the light would normally.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
more than likely its code 32, that is 3 tones short pause 2 tones long pause. and that would probably mean your clockspring is bad.

WYSIWYG

Established Member
I do not use the factory seat belts. I have Shroth belts and have never gotten a seat belt chime at all.

Users who are viewing this thread