lower and upper combo???

WIECH

Established Member
Hey guys,

so this spring im going to get the port job from Stiegemeier and im going to run a 2.76 BF pulleys and idlers.But i wanted to know if u should get a lower like a 4lb lower what are the advanteges and disadvanteges. aslo going to be runing a small shot of nitrous for the track (50 or 75 shot unsure still).
but the reason im questioning the lower in because i do drive my cobra on a daily basis sometimes. Not as much as some of the daily drivers here but is its still safe to have both the upper and lower combo if the car is not just for track use

thanks

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Mines a daily driver and ive had my upper/lower combo on since Oct with no problems other than having to replace Nittos. I think the 2.76/4lb lower might be a little overkill but thats just my $.02.

yelostang

Established Member
A 4lb might be a little much for that size upper, I'm running a 2.75 upper with 2lb lower with no problems. I also have n20 on the car too, I just don't have it tuned yet (so I'm not spraying).

Brad

Banned
yelostang said:
A 4lb might be a little much for that size upper, I'm running a 2.75 upper with 2lb lower with no problems. I also have n20 on the car too, I just don't have it tuned yet (so I'm not spraying).

stock fuel and pump? What type of numbers did you put down on that combo?

yelostang

Established Member
Brad said:
stock fuel and pump? What type of numbers did you put down on that combo?

I'm using a KB BAP with the stock pumps and MJ's mafx. Last time I went to the dyno I put down 470hp and 500 tq with LOTS of belt slip. I haven't been back to see what it does with the belt fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread