Lower control arms and clutch question

Skudra

Established Member
The bushing in my left rear lower control is very worn and I am just gonna replace the whole control arm. I am obvisouly gonna do both sides, but what is the best brand to go with and where should I get them from? Also, anything else I should replace while they are there?

I am going to do this and replace the clutch probably within a week of eachother, should I stick with a stock clutch or should I go aftermarket? Which aftermarket unit and why? I hear a lot of people saying Spec stage 2...best place to get these?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I went with Maximum Motorsport lca...no complaints. I heard Spec stage 2 clutch is a good unit to go with.

Skudra

Established Member
Are upper control arms worth it too?

Also, Ive been looking around at Spec clutches...I didnt notice that they came with a new throwout bearing. Is this something seperate I have to buy?

Last edited:

duane v

Established Member
Ive tried just about every clutch and the Mcleod gear is head and shoulders the best IMO, but it will come at a price...Adjustable UCA's are a good mod if your particular about pinion angle, and will come in real handy if your swapping to a TKO or a 3550 tranny, since those tranny's change the pinion angle drastically, double adjustable UCA's will allow you to get the optimum pinion angle to relieve some of the vibration. But the main purpose is to get the driveshaft and the pinion at the optimum angle so that you dont unload the tires during 5000 to 7000 rpm launches...The fixed UCA's are a good choice for a street guy, but the stock ones work fine as well, until the bushings rot.. DA snake boy

Users who are viewing this thread