lower intake

lethalvenom

Established Member
I'm a new member and have many questions about my car and not very many people around here have a sn-95 cobra to swap stories and ask for help i'm excited to actually find a svt site and not just a regular mustang site!

I have a 96 cobra and was talking to ken @ modular depot here in cincinnatti and he mentioned something about these lower intake flappers? and how you can remove them and get a decent power increase. has anyone heard of such thing and if so how is it done?

i have many bolt ons and i'm getting a dyno tune soon and was wondering i needed a mass air or will the dyno tune take care of everything a mas will do?

Last edited:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I think he was referring to the IMRC's that control the second set of valves. There are IMRC delete kits, but w/o doing it properly you could lose alot of torque from what I've heard. There will be some more knowlegable guys on here give you more info soon.

lethalvenom

Established Member
thank you for your reply! its not just a simple take the flappers out and be done?

beautiful car by the way!

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
Could you list your mods so that we can try to determine if an IMRC delete would be beneficial?

As for the mass air the stock unit should be more then sufficient unless you have some serious mods?

lethalvenom

Established Member
I have steeda underdrives, a mac fender well (getting a jtl soon) msd wires, ngk iridum plugs, steeda tri-ax shifter, a tremec tko, a spec stage 3 clutch, blow proof lake wood bell housing, alluminum drive shaft, 410 gear, 2 chamber flows, mac shorty h-pipe, mac long tubes, custom subframes (made by me: b&b motorsports) and alluminum upper and lower control arms, cobra R hood and dark gun metal 95 cobra R's with 275 in front and 315 out back!

and not to mention all electric recaro seats! (15 lbs!)

lethalvenom

Established Member
I want to go with a 430 and new springs and am looking for some suggestions for my next purchase's

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
The gears will help with the low end TQ loss. You may pick up a few top end HP.
To delete you will need to
1. by a set of delete plates.
2. make your own. Pull your plates, take butterflys off, pull rods out and epoxy the holes.
(Do a search here and on the net on IMRC deletes.)

After it's done have your tuner turn the IMRC control off with your tune.

lethalvenom

Established Member
you wouldn't have the deminsions of the plates do you? I'll just make them my self if i have the measurements!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You cannot make new ones, you have to replace your IMRCs with some that have the shafts and butterflys removed.

I live in Dayton have two sets. If you are interested I'll sell you a set.

Shoot me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread