lower or not?

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
8 YUR SS said:
check it out guys, i got a set of stock wheels and tires.
Images hosted by National Lightning Owners Club Member Galleries

32313-1012-24328.jpg

32313-1012-24329.jpg

32313-1012-24330.jpg

32313-1012-24331.jpg

View all images from this gallery

what drop did you have on your truck?

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I believe he had the 3/4. Trucks on Spike TV did a C notch to a joe gibbs silverado, looks like quite the pain in the ass. Taking off the bed would be the most headache part, after that it actually doesn't look too bad.

8 YUR SS

Established Member
sorry about that, i have drop beams, hangers and shackels. I changed out my front springs with a different set of springs. Im not sure what the springs are but they raised the front of my truck about 1/2". I will post a couple more before and afters.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
To answer the question, what is a c-notch..."A C-notch actually removes part of the frame just above the rear axle. It is then reinforced with whatever C-notch kit you get. What this does is allow the rear to come up past where the frame used to be allowing more suspension travel. Also, you bottom out pretty bad without it. The shorter the sidewall, to an extent, the better the handling. But, the shorter you go, the firmer or even harder the ride. You can get faster 60' times, but overall, the top end is lost because the tires are shorter. The 255/50's are 3 1/2 inches shorter than the stock 275/60. That is a difference of 10% on the speedo as well as the odometer! Also, the engine runs at a little higher RPM at cruising speed. Therefore, your gas milage suffers a little." From an old post on the nloc.

8 YUR SS

Established Member
I went from a 26.1" tire to a 30" tire. Off the line it would move a bit faster with the shorter tire, but it felt like it would run out of steam.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
93COBRA2104 said:
You're killing us man, everyone wants to know how you dropped yours.
:??: :??: :??:

i have the eibach/beltech 1/2 drop. i just put it in last week so ill try to get some pics up later today.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
don't you have to cut up the bed with a c-notch? or does it just depend on the c-notch kit?

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
don't you have to cut up the bed with a c-notch? or does it just depend on the c-notch kit?
Wow, if you have to cut the bed itself, then that's nto worth it IMHO. The kit I seen on trucks just cut the frame and bolted the kit on afterward while the bed was off.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
TheBooger said:
here is some pics of my truck after the drop

again, eibach/beltech 1/2 drop.
Haha who's that dumbshit at the door? :lol1: Get those pics you took today up.

Last edited:

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Booger, looks good, really clean truck. I don't know if you haul a lot of sh!t around, but if you don't and you want a more level and lower look, you can take out a couple of leaf springs from the back.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
Haha who's that dumbshit at the door? :lol1: Get those pics you took today up.

hahahahahaha....... no i never did get those pictures up, but then again i never tried so... whateves.

thanks soul rebel. actually i kinda like the raked look. but how hard is it to take a spring out and how much would it level it out? do you have any pics or know of anyone who does?

Users who are viewing this thread