Lower Pulley Noise

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I noticed tonight that there is a loud "whirrling" noise coming from my engine bay. So I keep the truck in idle, pop the hood, and listen. Check around for a little bit, crawl under the truck, and notice that it seems to be coming from the lower pulley. Everything looks tight, couldn't see anything wrong. The pulley is an aftermarket 4# (don't know the brand, came with the truck). Anyone have any ideas as to what it is? I have no other symptoms besides the noise.......... :shrug:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Is it the lower pulley, or is it the intercooler pump? The pump isnt too far from the pulley.

Last edited:

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Is it the lower pulley, or is it the intercooler pump? The pump isnt too far from the pulley.

Hmmmm, that could be it, considering I just had the shop replace it. Maybe I should take it back up there and have them look at it.

Edit* Upon further inspection I think it is some kind of pump. It seems to be coming from a pump just in front of the lower pulley with "BOSCH" written on it. A little black pump. Is that the intercooler pump?

Last edited:

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
Well, is there any way I can drive it up to get looked at? Would it be ok if I just stayed out of boost? I would hate to pay to have the beast towed up there.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Yes you can drive it with a bad intercooler pump. The IAT temps will be higher than normal so stay out of boost.No harm will occur.
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread