Lower Springs Questions

3Laser3

Established Member
After looking at some lowered Cobra's, I've come to the conclusion that mine needs to be lowered as well. I've decided that I'm going with H&R Race Springs with the stock isolators. Am I going to notice a difference in ride quality? Also, I called a few places and some mentioned an alignment and some did not. I thought after lowering I'd need an alignment, but this is the first time I've ever had a car lowered so please correct me if I'm wrong. If I need an alignment do I get this done right after it's been lowered or do I wait a little bit as the springs settle? About how long does it take for the springs to settle? Thanks for the input!

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
After looking at some lowered Cobra's, I've come to the conclusion that mine needs to be lowered as well. I've decided that I'm going with H&R Race Springs with the stock isolators. Am I going to notice a difference in ride quality? Also, I called a few places and some mentioned an alignment and some did not. I thought after lowering I'd need an alignment, but this is the first time I've ever had a car lowered so please correct me if I'm wrong. If I need an alignment do I get this done right after it's been lowered or do I wait a little bit as the springs settle? About how long does it take for the springs to settle? Thanks for the input!

Yes you'll need to get it aligned. But you may or may not need Caster/Camber plates. It will ride just fine lowered.

But you could save some money by just cutting your stock springs and same thing see if you'll need C/C Plates from there. My friend had H&R springs on his Cobra and his rides almost identical to mine with cut stock springs. I did put C/C plates on my car for piece of mind though.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Ive got h&r's and I just had mm cc plates put on. My front wheels were shredded on the inside, like he said piece of mind

Teej281

Established Member
Anytime you change the suspension geometry you should get an alignment. MM C/C plates and H&R Race springs and you'll be golden. I would also look into front and rear bumpsteer kits as well.

Users who are viewing this thread