Lowered 03's....

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Been thinking about giving my 03' a different stance. I'm more of a curve loving driver so I'm more interested in making it handle a bit better for now. Anyone have any suggestion? I would really like to see some pics as well. I looked into Kenny Brown, but they seem a bit much in price compared to the usual Eibach Pro Kit that some Mustangs guys go with that I've talked to.

Thanks! Corey

JWC

Established Member
I lowered my car when I went to Saleen 18 x10 and 18 x9 chrome wheels. I went with the Maximum Motorsports front and rear coil over kits. This allows you to adjust for the ride height you like. It also got rid of my wheel hop problems. I will be posting some pictures as soon as it stops snowing and sleeting.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Thanks....

I had coilovers on my last car. Had over $1600 worth of suspension mods on it. The coilovers was a full threaded shock body with 13 different damper settings. Really nice ride and handling, but what I found out with coilovers was once I got it to the right height I never touched it again. I'm not so sure if I wan to go that route again.

This might be a stupid question, but on my old car (Acura Integra Type-R) the spring and shock were all one piece. I noticed on the Cobra they were seperate. I'm trying to figure out how they would work on the Cobra, but I'm not getting a picture in my mind as of now. This domestic stuff is kinda new to me.:shrug:

JWC

Established Member
With the MM coil over kits you remove the rear shocks, send them to MM and they machine a small groove in them. This groove holds the lower spring mount. The spring rate of your choice goes on the rear shocks and bolts back to the stock location. The front coil over kit goes directly over the front strut. The front set up would look like your Acura set up the rear would look like a normal rear shock with the new coil spring over it. This does away with the factory (4) springs.

JWC

Established Member
StlBlack03, $1,061.60. I got the front coil over kit with 325 lb/in. springs, rear coil over kit with 500 lb/in. springs, and their caster camber plates. The price included 3 day shipping.

JWC

Established Member
StlBlack03, I sent you a reply I am new to posting etc. I hope it went through.
John

Users who are viewing this thread