Lowered vs. Stock (Pics)

Predatorbird

Established Member
I was bored and decided to play around with my camera tonight. My brother also has a 99 Cobra and I wanted to get a couple pics showing the difference in height between both cars. I've been wanting to do a photoshoot with him for some time now, hopefully soon. His car is a little dirty at the moment. :nonono:

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
i wonder i ford gave stangs such a high stance..about 90 percent of the folks drop them anyways. whether it be 1 or 2inches.

by the way i like the stance on ur ride(predatorbird) what does you drop consist of?

blueehaze13

Established Member
i like that pic of the close up of your front wheels n u can see all the white dots on it, that looks cool lol..wat kinda camera?

Predatorbird

Established Member
The stance consists of H&R SS, no iso's, x2's no spacer in the front and H&R Race with bottom iso only in the rear. I measured the difference from the ground to the fender on both cars and mine is 2 1/4'' drop front and 1 7/8'' drop rear. He has two 12's in the trunk so it's probably more like 2'' rear.

Camera is Canon XSi with 50mm f/1.8 lens.

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
i have h&r as well but not sure what kind..they where on car when i bought it. i know for a fact that it does have all the isos.
i heard that without isos it can become a lil noisy. is that true?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Man, I drag on everything when I sit that low. I just raised mine up maybe a half inch and it is a world of difference.

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
Man, I drag on everything when I sit that low. I just raised mine up maybe a half inch and it is a world of difference.

So does everyone else!

It's unfortunate the Ford engineers didn't remove about an inch and half wheel gap without causing the undercarriage or exhaust to band or scrape on speedbumps, steep driveways, and dips in the road.

Looks good tho...

Predatorbird

Established Member
Very cool pictures! How long is your garage that you can put 2 cars back to back like that??
Not sure on the exact length, it's my brother's condo.

So does everyone else!

It's unfortunate the Ford engineers didn't remove about an inch and half wheel gap without causing the undercarriage or exhaust to band or scrape on speedbumps, steep driveways, and dips in the road.

Looks good tho...
I don't get why they can't design the fenders lower to give it a "lowered" appearance. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread